With the wedding season upon us there are lots of hen nights to arrange and people struggling to come up with the perfect solution to suit the whole party. The obvious choice of a night out on the town with the girls may be a bit ‘old hat’, so why not make a weekend of the event and enjoy one of your last ‘single’ times away with the girls.
Going abroad is always an option but why waste valuable time travelling? A luxury hotel is often popular but maybe a bit beyond everyone’s budget or a little too formal. So why not consider self-catering and enjoy the benefits of lots of space and privacy to relax and have fun? The choice of accommodation is incredibly diverse and there is something out there to suit all purses. And if you are seeking luxury and pampering, don’t be fooled into thinking it will be hard to find. There are plenty of fantastic properties that offer all the luxuries of a boutique hotel including hot tubs, swimming pools, beauty treatments and even a private chef for that special celebratory meal . We have plenty of large holiday homes on Independent Cottages with many owners only too happy to help you arrange all the little extras that will make your hen night an unforgettable time. Here are a few suggestions that may be just what you and your friends are looking for:
- If you and your friends are looking for some luxury then this fantastic five star holiday house, just 300 metres from the beach on the Norfolk coastline takes some beating. A wonderful location which perfectly combines grandeur, superb facilities, plenty of space and a peaceful idyllic setting. With magnificent gardens, a ‘state of the art’ hot tub, sauna and seven sumptuous bedrooms, Incleborough House lends itself perfectly for a luxury celebration with the ladies.
- Staying close to the water (and London being just an hour and a half away), why not head to this stunning ‘country chic’ waterside retreat in the New Forest in Hampshire. Enjoy a gin and tonic and a good catch up with the girls at Gins Barn watching the sun set over the Beaulieu River. Where the Forest meets the sea, this waterside location is simply stunning, as is the stylish luxurious interior of this gorgeous barn conversion which oozes character in every corner. You’ll feel like you have started your honeymoon early at the end of your weekend at Gins Barn and be set to take on the final run down to the wedding when you return, fully re-charged and revitalised.
- If you are looking for something a little more centrally located for holding your party, how about Lakeside House, set within the grounds of The Inn at Fossebridge. Nestling in a lovely Cotswold hamlet beside the river, The Inn offers fine food, a taste of country living and flexible accommodation for large groups in both Lakeside House (self-catering) and stylish individual Georgian rooms. Private exclusive dining rooms are also available for hire providing the ideal place for formal dining, buffets or a party for dancing the last nights of freedom away!
- For those looking for something a little different who prefer excitement over luxury, why not head off to Snowdonia with your friends for an activity based weekend of fun. Perfect for those seeking their last thrill before getting hitched, Activities in Snowdonia have qualified instructors and years of experience in arranging weekends packed full of outdoor activities where you can try climbing, abseiling, gorge scrambling and coasteering to name just a few!
- And for some country living, take a look at The Manor Barn in Somerset. In a beautiful countryside setting, this is the perfect place to escape from all the pre-wedding preparations and hassle and truly relax and unwind. Offering the style and facilities of ‘city-living’ in a countryside setting, the barn provides all the ingredients required for a fantastic hen weekend: Lots of space; an 8 seater hot-tub; outside catering and a private walled garden ideal for summer parties. And for an occasion to be remembered, why not treat the girls to a manicure, book a ballooning trip or a cookery course and give the bride to be the best possible start!
Whether you are looking to party, be pampered in a luxury setting, enjoy some adventure and activities or simply want a relaxing retreat to spend some lasting special moments with your friends before you take the plunge, self-catering will not disappoint.