Tigh an Aullt - Ault na Chruinne, Kyle of Lochalsh, Highland, Scotland - Sleeps 6
Tigh an Aullt sleeps six guests in three bedrooms and is a spacious holiday home in an enviable position with views across the loch and mountains. Sitting in the Scottish Highlands in the village of Ault na Chruinne at the foot of the famous Five Sisters of Kintail, access to Tigh an Aullt is exceptionally scenic through one Scotland's most beautiful glens. Cluanie Glen is simply breathtaking with its tranquil loch, tumbling rivers and magnificent mountains. Whatever the season, the colours of the surrounding landscape are sure to impress.
Famed amongst climbers and hikers, the munros provide a wonderful playground for outdoor enthusiasts, as well as a beautiful setting for a relaxing holiday. Tigh an Aullt affords the most elevated position of all the properties in the village, perched on the side of the hill with a stream flowing past adding to the tranquility of the setting.
The cottage provides a warm and cosy retreat and a perfect base from which to explore this incredible landscape. The Skye Bridge is easily accessible by car and just fifteen miles away providing a 'gateway' to some of Scotland's most spectacular scenery. Superb walking, mountain biking, sailing, fishing and pony-trekking are all available locally and you can hire a boat to enjoy the scenery from the shoreline.
Plockton, Eilean Donan's romantic castle (one of Scotland's most visited castles), Applecross and Torridon are all within driving distance. There is also an award winning pub with excellent restaurant just a quarter of a mile from the cottage and a shop half a mile away.
If you are looking for peace and tranquillity, then this is the place for you. The views over the surrounding mountains, loch and streams are incredible and you will find yourself continually drawn to the cottage windows to marvel at them! Of an evening, there is a special visitor, the Pine Marten and if you leave out bread, butter and strawberry jam you can watch the feast!
This area of Scotland is known as Kintail and is extremely mountainous with seventeen munros. Located between the eastern end of Loch Cluanie and the western end of Loch Duich, Kintail is said to be one of the last remaining great wildernesses, still accessible from the main areas of Scotland.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Waterside Location
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
Tigh an Aullt Continued
- Sitting room with two large leather sofas, occasional tables, television, DVD player, stereo system and video player. An open fire provides a cosy atmosphere on chilly nights. At the other end of the sitting room is another set of two sofas and a chair providing an ideal place for enjoying the beautiful loch views. The telescope allows you to spot seals, dolphins, porpoises, otters, and birds close up and if you are lucky, the Eagle, Harriers and Peregrines. There are large sliding doors leading to the patio where you can enjoy views to the Five Sisters of Kintail (where eagles are known to nest).
- Modern kitchen with gas hob, electric cooker, dishwasher, and breakfast bar for looking out over Loch Duich and Mam Ratagan. A door leads to...
- Utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, fridge, freezer and large sink.
- Spacious dining room with table and seating for six, along with views across the top of the loch to the mountains - a great room for enjoying a family meal or special supper.
- Family bathroom with WC, wash basin, bath, separate shower cubicle and Swedish Sauna (two person).
- Bedroom with full sized bunk beds, built in wardrobe and wash basin.
- Twin bedroom which affords views across the loch and has a built in wardrobe and two bedside cabinets.
- En-suite master bedroom with king-sized bed, built in wardrobes, chest of drawers and two windows providing views across the back garden and beyond towards the Five Sisters of Kintail. The en-suite contains a Jacuzzi bath, built in shower unit, wash basin and WC.
Additional information: Friday changeovers may be available outside of peak times - please enquire. Unfortunately no pets.
Low Season from £425
Mid Season from £695
High Season from £1075
Peak Season £1175
Changeover Day: Saturday
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Twin & 1 Bunk bed room)
Owner: Amanda Tassell (Bkgs Officer), click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Tigh an Aullt joined Independent Cottages in Nov 2012
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 22nd September 2017