Lodges at the Mains - Scots Pine - Croy, Nr Inverness, Highland, Scotland - Sleeps 2
Lodges at the Mains offer two superb holiday retreats where eco values are every bit as important as luxury. Gaining 5 Star recognition, the luxury lodges are available to adults only (unfortunately no children) and sit in a stunning tranquil wooded setting, offering a warm Scottish welcome to the discerning traveller at any time of the year.
Conveniently located, Lodges at the Mains is just a short car ride from the airport at Inverness for those who want to escape for a few nights of pure relaxation. For those who can stay a little longer, Loch Ness, Speyside (the famous Malt Whisky Trail starts near the lodges at Benromach), the Moray Coast and the Cairngorms National Park are all within easy driving distance, offering an abundance of attractions.
Built to the highest of standards, whilst respecting the environment wherever possible, guests can enjoy stylish kitchens made of solid oak, the latest of technology (including HD televisions, Wi-Fi internet access and multi-room sound systems), comfy lounges with a log burner, and a Whirlpool Jacuzzi bath. All this and stunning views of the Moray Firth from the master bedroom balcony - what better way to start the day!
A haven for wildlife, the surrounding woodland provides the perfect setting for relaxing days with a good book, picnics, leisurely walks or wildlife spotting with red squirrels, buzzards and even otters being amongst the many visitors. There are also excellent restaurants for a meal out.
Rich in history, the picturesque landscape is dotted with historic houses and castles including Urquhart Castle ruins (definitely one for romantics!) and the home of Macbeth (Cawdor Castle). Follow in the footsteps of Daniel Radcliffe and Daniel Craig and explore the stunning scenery that was used in the making of Harry Potter and Skyfall, as well as other famous film locations such as Outlander and Brave.
Wildlife enthusiasts should head to Chanonry Point - a good place on the Moray coastline for dolphin spotting, and there are an abundance of outdoor activities to keep all energy levels satisfied. Lace up your walking boots or hop on your bike and explore the North Coast 500 or for something a little more challenging, head to Aviemore for a day hiking (or ski-ing in the winter months!) in the Cairngorm mountains. Golf, fishing, sailing and kayaking are among the other popular activities available in this beautiful part of Scotland.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Lodges at the Mains - Scots Pine Continued
Scots Pine sleeps two guests and offers superb features throughout.
- Stylish solid oak kitchen equipped to a high standard with everything needed for preparing a romantic breakfast through to a special supper, including dishwasher, washer/dryer, fridge/freezer, microwave, oven and electric hob.
- Spacious light and airy lounge with log burner to keep it cosy during the winter months and plenty of windows to let the outside flood in. Comfy seating, HD television, Blu-Ray DVD player and iPod docking are provided for guests relaxation.
- Dining area with elm table and comfy chairs (the elm is home grown!).
- House bathroom with WC, shower and wash basin.
- Accessed via a glass and oak staircase, this wonderful area has a Whirlpool bath where you an enjoy a long bubble at the end of the day whilst star gazing.
- Master king-size bedroom with balcony where you can sit out with your morning coffee and enjoy the views that stretch over the surrounding farmland to the Moray Firth in the distance.
- Adjoining shower room which can also be used as an en-suite to the master bedroom.
- Hobby room for reading, writing, painting etc.
Additional information: Eco-friendly principles run throughout including complimentary toiletries, solar panels and ground source heating to name just a few. Bed linen, towels, heating and electricity are included in the price. Short breaks available. The Lodges are not suitable for children or teenagers under sixteen.
Low Season from £1500
Mid Season from £1500
High Season from £1500
Peak Season £1500
Star Rating: 5 Star
Changeover Day: Flexible
Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 2 people in 1 bedroom (1 King)
Owner: Eleanor Harcus, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Lodges at the Mains - Scots Pine joined Independent Cottages in Feb 2016
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 19th August 2017