Duirinish Lodge - Duirinish, Plockton, Highland, Scotland - Sleeps 10
Duirinish Lodge sleeps up to ten guests in elegance and style. It is an impressive country house dating back to 1936 ideally located in Duirinish, just two miles from Plockton, a truly beautiful fishing village in the Scottish Highlands.
Perfect for the discerning traveller who appreciates classic Scottish charm, Duirinish Lodge nestles amongst eighteen acres of glorious grounds with private wooded areas, terraces for alfresco dining, ponds, a well stocked fruit and vegetable garden, extensive lawns and outhouses (one has been converted into a games room with pool table).
Beautifully presented throughout, the lodge lends itself well to all occasions whether you want to simply spend time with friends and family, or celebrate a special occasion in a magical setting. Russle up a hearty breakfast, supper or celebratory meal in the kitchen with Aga. Have pre-dinner drinks in the conservatory area of the drawing room where you can soak up the incredible views over the Isles of Skye and Raasay. Chat about the days adventures over dinner in the formal dining room (a place that is fit for the most special of meals), then enjoy a dram in front of a roaring log fire back in the drawing room. The upstairs living is equally as welcoming with spacious comfortable bedrooms to retire to at the end of the day.
Duirinish sits in Lochalsh, just two miles from Plockton. It is possibly one of the most enchanting crofting townships you are likely to stumble upon in Scotland with its houses set around the village green with little stream running through. An unspoilt place where you can step back in time and immediately start to relax and unwind.
Plockton is within walking distance (or a short drive) and offers two good pubs serving food, traditional music and a warm Scottish welcome. There is also a very good modern restaurant (Plockton Shores which also specialises in seafood) and a village shop for provisions. Attracting artists and sailors alike due to its pure natural beauty, the crystal clear waters surrounding Plockton are home to an abundance of wildlife and provide some of the best sea kayaking you will find in the country (excursions are available from the village where boats can also be hired). Alternatively, if that sounds too energetic, take one of Calum's seal trips which provide the chance to discover the areas beauty from the water and see the wildlife (seal sightings are guaranteed - no sighting, no fee!). For those who enjoy walking, there are paths along the shore to explore and if you are lucky, you may catch a sighting of an otter.
For those who can tear themselves away from the beauty of this area, there are plenty of great day trips out. The Skye Bridge is under five miles away and provides access to unforgettable attractions including the fairy pools, the Quiraing hill-walks that will reward with some of the most breathtaking scenery, and Talisker Distillery. Glenelg is a popular day trip for walkers with its ancient fortress, remote loch and restaurant for refreshments, or head to Kintail and tackle the Five Sisters if you are feeling brave. Eilean Donan Castle is under half an hour away by car and a trip to the remote peninsula of Applecross is a must with incredible scenery enroute.
Find out more about Plockton: https://www.independentcottages.co.uk/holiday-blog/plockton-a-little-slice-of-scottish-paradise/
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Garden/Outside Area
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
Duirinish Lodge Continued
Ground floor of the lodge
- A lobby leads into the hall.
- Drawing room that combines two distinct areas. The first is the sitting room with comfy seating around the wonderful open fire providing a cosy place to retire to after dinner. Off this is the conservatory where you can sit in comfort and style and enjoy the panoramic views over the garden and islands of Skye and Raasay in the distance, as well as the historic mountain pass, Bealach na Ba. Ample sofas and chairs provide seating for all party members and there is a television, DVD player and two doors taking you outside to two patio areas with outdoor furniture and Gas BBQ, allowing you to enjoy alfresco dining in the warmer months.
- Beautifully presented kitchen with green AGA and centre island topped with granite which has an electric hob, oven and plenty of space for preparing food. The kitchen is equipped with fridge, kettle and toaster and has a table and chairs to one end that is perfect for breakfast or relaxing and chatting to the cook whist they prepare supper.
- Utility room next to the kitchen with washing machine, dishwasher and large fridge/freezer, providing plenty of space for storing coats, boots and wet dogs! An outbuilding also offers a drying room for wet outdoor gear.
- Elegant dining room for more formal occasions with large table that can comfortably seat all ten guests and open fire. For special celebratory meals, a special range of glassware, china and silver cutlery add a touch of luxury.
- Study for those who need to keep in touch with the outside world with desk, printer/scanner and WiFi internet access (which is available in all rooms of the house).
- Cloakroom with wash basin and WC.
First floor of the lodge
- Stairs take you up to a spacious landing area leading off to...
- Spacious master bedroom with double bed, pretty decor and occassional chairs for sitting and enjoying your morning coffee.
- Two twin bedrooms which both also offer plenty of space and have two single beds in each.
- Family bathroom with bath (including hand-held shower attachment), WC and wash basin.
- Shower room with large walk-in shower cubicle, heated towel rail, WC and wash basin.
The Wing: As well as the accommodation above, the adjacent Wing provides further accommodation and is furnished and equipped to the same high standard as the rest of the lodge. It has a kitchen/diner, lounge with comfy seating, television, DVD player, a shower room with WC and wash hand basin and three first floor bedrooms (one double and two single bedrooms).
Outside: Grounds extend to some eighteen acres with plenty of space for dogs and children to let off steam and adults to relax in the warmer months. Alfresco dine or BBQ on the patio, wander through the private woods and find a shaded place to read your book, sit by one of the ponds, play games on the lawn or hide yourself away for a quiet moment in the octagonal summer house at the viewpoint or on one of the benches. A trip to the organic fruit and vegetable garden may reward you with all sorts of goodies for supper when in season (plums, lettuce, leeks, sprouts and tomatoes to name just a few). There is no shortage of off-road parking by the front entrance and there are outbuildings providing a drying room, games room with pool table, and bike storage.
Additional information: Pets are welcome. Prices include heating, bed linen, electricity and towels. The property is equipped with a 21st century green energy biomass boiler that provides heat to radiators in every room and hot water throughout the building, keeping it nice and warm all year round. WiFi internet access throughout. No smoking. Short breaks may be available out of peak season, please enquire with the owner.
Weddings: Duirinish Lodge provides a stunning setting and is available for weddings and civil partnerships with the use of a marquee placed in the grounds for parties of up to sixty guests. Outside catering available by arrangement at an additional charge.
Low Season from £2000
Mid Season from £2750
High Season from £3250
Peak Season £3750
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Saturday
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 10 people in 6 bedrooms (2 Doubles, 2 Twins and 2 Singles)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Willy Roe, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Duirinish Lodge joined Independent Cottages in Sep 2016
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 19th December 2016