The Well House - Brierley, Nr Leominster, Herefordshire, England - Sleeps 12+2
The Well House offers spacious self-catering holiday accommodation for twelve to fourteen guests and is set in the village of Brierley in North Herefordshire. It is the perfect venue for a reunion of friends or a family get together and offers spacious accommodation. Its position is quiet and rural, yet it is accessible to Leominster (two miles), Hereford (twelve miles) and the foodie haven of Ludlow (fourteen miles).
The exquisitely restored half timbered barn, provides a warm welcome and all the comforts of contemporary, environmentally friendly country living, yet it retains much original character.
The local area offers many places of interest to visit including historic castles and country houses with gardens, along with lovely countryside to explore on foot. The pace of life is decidedly slower - the perfect place to escape the pressures of every day life and catch up with friends and family.
The Well House provides a perfect base for exploring the beautiful Herefordshire landscape. It is ideal for those who enjoy walking as there are a wealth of local footpaths behind the house just waiting to be explored. Hops can still be seen growing locally and the Wye valley Brewery is well worth a visit for those who enjoy beer! The house is situated close to Offa's Dyke Path, three National Trust properties, the Mortimer Trail and numerous award-winning pubs (one with Michelin stars).
The market town of Leominster is just two miles away and the cathedral city of Hereford is twelve miles by car. For those who want to venture further afield, Wales beckons and the Brecon Beacons and the Elan Valley are within easy reach.
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
The Well House Continued
This beautiful traditional half timbered barn has been lovingly restored and retains may character features including oak flooring and exposed beams throughout. There is a light and airy feel with lovely high ceilings in most rooms.
- Spacious entrance hall with convenient cloak room with WC.
- Kitchen/dining area providing a very social space. The kitchen is well equipped with granite work surfaces, dishwasher, Rangemaster stove, frige, microwave and painted cottage style cupboards containing plenty of crockery, utensils, glasses and cutlery.
- Dining area with large oak table and plenty of seating for twelve.
- Utility room just off the kitchen with fridge freezer, wine cooler, under counter freezer, washer & dryer.
- Large walk-in shower - ideal for supplementing the bathroom rush during peak hours!
- 'Snug' next to the kitchen which can be used as a library, TV room or a peaceful place to relax. There is also a small sofa bed in this room for accommodating extra guests.
- The 'West' Wing is a long passageway with bedrooms leading off it. The first (Number four) is a twin bedroom with two single beds; the next (Number three) includes a beautiful double brass bed and Chinese wood furniture. Next door is a bathroom with a free standing bath and the last bedroom (Number two) is wonderfully spacious and also has a brass bed, understated wood furniture and en-suite with bath and walk-in shower.
- Living room - This is an exceptional space with beams, lovely inglenook fireplace housing a wood burner, large sofas and wing backed chairs make this room incredibly inviting and the perfect place to relax and socialise.
- The 'East' Wing offers two twin bedrooms (Numbers five and six) which each have two single iron beds.
- Master Bedroom (Number one) affords a wonderful position and has a beautiful six foot Gothic style bed, a Chinese 'Ming' chair and a chest of drawers. It also benefits from a lovely en-suite with free standing bath as a feature in the center of the room and shower at one end.
Outside - To the front of the house is parking for up to six cars and at the rear is a lawn and patio with garden furniture and BBQ - a lovely place for morning coffees and alfresco dining.
Low Season from £1050
Mid Season from £1260
High Season from £1575
Peak Season £1890
Pets: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Friday
Please enquire with owner
Sleeps 12+2 people in 6 bedrooms (3 Twins, 2 doubles and one 6ft bedded room)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Richard & Anne Cope, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Well House joined Independent Cottages in March 2008
We are pleased to announce that 'coco' the dog is no longer our neighbour!! don't forget our 5% discount for returning guests!