Drove End Cottage - Cripplestyle, Fordingbridge, Hants/Dorset border, Hampshire, England - Sleeps 6
Drove End Cottage is situated with three other cottages at the end of a no-through country lane on the Hampshire/Dorset border. It is rustic and charming with three double bedrooms, a large lounge with wood burning stove and a well-equipped kitchen. There is a large, pretty garden with a pond, vegetable garden, lawn and sitting areas. It is the owner's home, so it is well-furnished and comfortable and great for families, friends or couples (toddlers and younger children are welcome but will need to be supervised as the cottage is more suited for older children).
The lane leads into fields and woods, providing nice walks and there are other walks from the front door to be enjoyed. The cottage is situated between the two villages of Cranborne and Alderholt, both just a five minute drive away, offering amenities. Cranborne is the most interesting of the two with its popular Manor House, gardens/garden centre with tearooms, two pubs, shop and a good restaurant. Drove End Cottage is also close to several pretty villages set in lovely countryside with country pubs that offer really good food, much of it locally sourced.
Cripplestyle sits on the edge of Cranborne Chase with its numerous interesting villages, towns, markets, open houses and gardens and its famous Jurassic Coast. It is also within easy reach of the New Forest and all the attractions it has to offer. Other places of interest within easy reach are the city of Salisbury (twelve miles) with its cathedral and Stonehenge; Bournemouth with its beaches and shopping (ten miles); Poole Quay; and the nearer towns of Ringwood (seven miles), Wimborne (nine miles), Christchurch (fifteen miles) and Lymington Harbour town (fifteen miles) - all worth a visit.
- Log Burner
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Drove End Cottage Continued
- Kitchen with table and seating, along with gas hob, electric double oven, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and various equipment (juicer, breadmaker, Kenwood processor etc). There is also a Raeburn but this is not in use throughout the summer.
- Utility area with washing machine, tumble dryer and hanging dryer.
- Back door into porch.
- Double bedroom with en-suite chests of drawers and large hanging cupboard.
- Twin bedroom with wardrobe next to...
- Main bathroom with large shower, roll top bath, wash basin and WC.
- Small sitting room for resting, reading, listening to the radio and ironing facilities.
- Hall with airing cupboard, old piano and French doors leading out to the covered outside seating area.
- Large lounge with bay window, seating, wood burning stove and patio doors onto the decking and garden. There are plenty of sofas, books, flatscreen television, DVD and CD player. Spiral staircase leading up to...
- King-size bedroom with drawers, small wardrobe and window overlooking the garden.
Additional information: Linen, towels, logs and electricity included in the price. Travel cot and highchair can be provided. Plenty of parking.
Mid Season from £650
High Season from £750
Peak Season £850
Changeover Day: Saturday
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Twin & 1 King)
Owner: John & Karen Mercer, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Drove End Cottage joined Independent Cottages in July 2013
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 19th August 2017