Caxton House - Fordingbridge, Hampshire, England - Sleeps 6
Full of quirky 18th Century Georgian charm, this characterful town house is home to a welcoming comfy first floor apartment sitting in the pretty town of Fordingbridge on the edge of the New Forest National Park.
Located above a beauty shop (treat yourself to some pampering whilst away!), Caxton House Apartment has a private entrance, accessed via an external staircase off a locked courtyard, and sits right in the heart of the town with a great choice of pubs, restaurants and shops on the doorstep.
Living accommodation and a romantic four-poster en-suite bedroom are located on the first floor making the apartment every bit as desirable to couples, as it is to families and friends when renting the whole apartment including the two additional bedrooms and bathroom on the second floor.
Fordingbridge is the 'gateway' to the northern end of the forest, and an attractive country town that sits on the banks of the River Avon. It's striking medieval bridge is often photographed and the towns history is long with strong industrial heritage (and the odd tale of smugglers past!). Fordingbridge has a small museum where you can learn about the local history, as well as a riverside park for lazy picnic days. Rockbourne Roman Villa and Alderholt Mill (lovely cream teas at the weekend!) are also close by, and a bus stops close to the apartment for day trips to Bournemouth (enjoy a day by the sea), Salisbury and also the market town of Ringwood.
During the summer, you can hop onboard the open-top bus and enjoy a tour of the forest to see the ponies, donkeys, pigs and cows (and if you are lucky deer) roaming freely. Alternatively, explore the forest by foot, bike or horseback - there are miles of tracks, trails and heathland to explore, as well as pretty little villages with traditional inns to enjoy a leisurely lunch. For water lovers, the New Forest Water Park offers lakes for surfing, canoeing and kayaking, or head to Moors Valley Country Park with tracks and trails for walkers and cyclists, as well as Go Ape for tree top adventures and a little steam railway.
Whether you want to explore or simply relax, Caxton House is an excellent base for exploring the many attractions of the New Forest, Hampshire and Dorset, including quaint little villages, miles of forest tracks and lovely beaches for those seeking the coast.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- iPod Docking
- Golf Nearby
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
Caxton House Continued
Caxton House is full of quirky period charm with floors that are uneven and creaky and original fireplaces, complemented by modern day conveniences to ensure your stay is comfortable and memorable. It lends itself well to families and friends having three bedrooms spread out across two floors, but is equally as appealing to couples renting just the first floor (at a discounted rate) where the living area and romantic four-poster bed are located.
- Entry is via a secure gated area from the street where an external staircase takes you up to Caxton House Apartment on the first and second floors.
- Conservatory where you can 'sit out' in all weathers taking you into...
- Kitchen equipped with dishwasher, large fridge-freezer, electric cooker, microwave and that all important coffee machine! A washing machine and tumble dryer are available for use if required in the downstairs shop - please just ask the owner.
- Off the kitchen is a hallway taking you to...
- Living room with space to relax and dine including comfy seating, dining table with six chairs, television (including DVD player) and original fireplace adding to the charm (please note this is for decorative purposes only and not in use).
- Spacious king-size bedroom which also has a decorative original fireplace and fabulous four poster bed, hand-painted in a pastel shade. A truly romantic space which benefits from having an en-suite shower room, along with television mounted on the wall (including DVD).
- Two additional bedrooms, each as attractive with king-size beds.
- Family bathroom with shower cubicle, bath, WC and wash basin.
Additional information: No Smoking. Dog may be accepted by prior arrangement. As the property is accessed via stairs, it may not be suitable for young children or those with mobility issues. Quality bed linen provided and included in the price along with towels, electricity and heating. Wi-Fi internet access. Short breaks are available and charged from £180 in low season, £225 in mid season and £290 during high season (three night minimum breaks offered). Parking is available nearby in the public car park and a permit is provided allowing you to park here and also in many other car parks throughout the New Forest free of charge. Prices quoted for low, mid and high season on this advert are based on two people sharing.
Low Season from £385
Mid Season from £430
High Season from £525
Pets: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Flexible
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (3 Kings)
Owner: Heather & Denis Castle, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Caxton House joined Independent Cottages in Feb 2017
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 27th July 2017
Approximate Location of Caxton House
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book