Tyddyn Gwyn Ty Hir - Llanfrothen, Penrhyndeudraeth, Gwynedd, Wales - Sleeps 4-6
Tyddyn Gwyn Ty Hir sleeps four guests in two bedrooms and provides a superb retreat for outdoor enthusiasts. As well as hikers having the opportunity to walk out of the garden gate and climb the surrounding mountains, there are easier walks for the less energetic across the fields and forests which can give delight at any time of the year. There are also good opportunities for mountain bikers and enthusiastic fishermen from the cottage.
Positioned beside the main house and within the environs of a neighbouring farm, the cottage is within walking distance of Llanfrothen village (under one and a half miles), where there is a friendly well stocked village shop (open seven days a week) for stocking up on provisions. The shop also offers Wi-Fi internet access and if ordered, a daily newspaper for those who like to keep in touch with the outside world. Within the village there is also a pub serving excellent meals.
The views that can be enjoyed from the cottage are breathtaking and encompass Harlech Castle to the South East and Criccieth to the West, enfolding a wide expanse of Cardigan Bay. On a clear day you can see the Llyn Peninsula and a tip of Bardsey Island with its lighthouse making a safe haven for sailors and fishermen. To the North the Snowdonia mountain range is also clearly visible and often snowcapped in the winter months.
Nestling at the foot of Moelwyn Bach and Moelwyn Mawr, Cnicht can be seen through the patio doors. Inside, the cottage provides a snug environment to relax which is maintained in a traditional style with modern conveniences nicely mixed with traditional features such as original stone work and wooden beams. There is a recessed stone fireplace housing a multi fuel burning stove which can be closed or used as an open fire - perfect for a cosy night in after a days walking.
Tyddyn Gwyn Ty Hir is perfect for those who enjoy walking or who want to climb the mountains of Snowdonia. It is also ideal for those looking “to get a way from it all”.
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Kingsize Bed
Tyddyn Gwyn Ty Hir Continued
- Living area with comfortable seating, flat screen television and multi fuel stove for cosy nights in.
- Dining area with seating for six (highchair available on request).
- Kitchen area with modern cooker, extractor, sink, dishwasher, fridge, freezer and microwave.
- Cloakroom with WC and wash basin.
- Hallway with large cupboard housing a washing machine and room for storing coats and boots.
- Bathroom with walk in shower, slipper bath, wash basin, WC, shaving point and heated towel rail.
- King-size bedroom with wardrobe, dressing table, bedside cupboards, touch bedside lights, occasional table with kettle and cups - perfect for morning tea or late night cocoa!
- Twin bedroom with two single beds, wardrobe and plenty of storage. Additional fouton Z-bed available if requested, along with baby’s cot.
Additional information: Prices include linen, towels, a welcome basket of logs and bucket of coal. First £20.00 of electricity is free and thereafter £10 cards for the metre are available.
Low Season from £300
Mid Season from £400
High Season from £490
Peak Season £500
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4-6 people in 2 bedrooms (1 King & 1 Twin + Fouton)
Owner: Helen Churchill, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Tyddyn Gwyn Ty Hir joined Independent Cottages in Feb 2014
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 4th August 2017