The Cleeve - Hawkcombe, Porlock, Devon, Exmoor, England - Sleeps 28
This beautiful Victorian hunting Lodge is set in a spectacular position within 266 square miles of the Exmoor National Park. The lodge is perfect for accommodating large parties of up to twenty eight guests and is furnished and equipped to a very high standard to ensure your every need is met, whatever the occasion.
The Cleeve is positioned in a perfect location, not being overlooked by any other properties, yet just a two minute stroll to shops, restaurants and pubs and under two miles from a beach. You can truly relax and take it easy in this unique secluded position whilst having the convenience of many facilities on your doorstep.
Exmoor is among the UK's greatest areas of outstanding beauty and offers numerous activities to enjoy and places to visit. The scenery is breathtaking with rugged moors and ancient woodland. Whatever your interest, there is something for everyone with walking, riding, biking, fossil hunting, sailing, hang gliding and site seeing.
There are great village sports facilities including tennis, football, cricket, bowls along with a children's play area just across the lane. Children staying at The Cleeve can also enjoy playing in the private garden - you will just need to keep an eye on them so you can find them! There is a lovely stream, some steep banks and level lawned areas within the garden, providing the ideal place for relaxing on a hot sunny day.
The wildlife is abundant on Exmoor with thirty one native mammals, including the Exmoor pony and the majestic red deer. It provides plenty of opportunity for birdwatchers with over two hundred different species of birds, and there are numerous differenty types of flowers and insects.
Located in what is probably Exmoor's loveliest village, Hawkcombe and Porlock make a great place to spend a holiday. You can spend weeks without the need to drive anywhere, with everything within easy reach. There are trails straight from the lodges front door and you can go directly from the huge lawn onto a bridleway or take the winding garden path over the private bridge across the stream and stroll up the quiet country lane deeper into the spectacular setting. There are three pubs within walking distance (one dating back to the 12th century), several restaurants and plenty of shops for everyday needs.
If you are looking for holiday accommodation to cater for a large party with plenty of activities and facilities on your doorstep, then look no further!
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
The Cleeve Continued
Accommodation and facilities comprise:
- Huge sitting/dining room with great views of the hills. Comfortable sofas, large flat screen television, DVD player and lovely open fire - a great place to relax and catch up with the rest of the party of an evening.
- Additional sitting room with its octagonal shape creating a feature, along with large open fire, window seats, comfortable seating, television and DVD.
- Eight bedrooms (plus an additional bedroom off room three) which offer flexible sleeping accommodating two to five guests in each room. The property is perfect for sixteen guests (eight couples) with children; or eight single adults (sixteen singles if happy to share rooms but not beds). Alternative sleeping variations can be made - please discuss your requirements with the owner.
- A mix of bath and shower rooms - six in total with different facilities, some offering power showers, baths and even a Jacuzzi.
- House kitchen with wonderful large green four oven AGA, lots of fitted cupboards and table with chairs - a really social place to cook, chat and enjoy supper.
- Additional kitchen providing a separate place to cook with conventional oven and hob - a really handy addition for large group catering so no fighting over who cooks!
- Large walk-in pantry providing plenty of storage space.
- Libraries stocked with books, films and games to provide entertainment.
- Lovely lawn outside which is level and a similar size of a tennis court so ideal for games and a good place for the little ones to let off steam, along with being a nice secluded place to relax with a glass of wine whilst admiring the views that stretch over the hills to the sea beyond.
- Two acres of mature landscaped gardens to explore with trees, shrubs, a gazebo and even some wild areas to entice the local wildlife (the children will love the 'hide' where they can spot wildlife or create their own outdoor adventure).
- Plentiful appliances to cater for all your needs including a washing machine, dryer, a number of fridges, freezer both the AGA and oven/hob for those who like conventional cooking, microwaves, commercial dishwasher (quick and easy to use), lots of televisions and DVD players.
- Private parking for up to eight vehicles (additional parking is available in the free public car park nearby).
- Public play area for the little ones just across the quiet lane (you can see this from the patio).
Additional information: Prices listed on this advert are based on sixteen people maximum sharing - please speak to the owner for prices for larger parties. Changeover day is normally on a Friday but the owners try to be flexible. Short breaks of three and four nights are also available.
Low Season from £2795
Mid Season from £2795
High Season from £2795
Peak Season £3895
Changeover Day: Flexible
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 28 people in 8 bedrooms (8 bedrooms (plus one) sleeping 2-5 guests)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: Yes
Owner: Kevin Bramhill, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Cleeve joined Independent Cottages in Oct 2008
If there's anything you need, just ask.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 11th June 2017