South Patchole Farm - Kentisbury, Nr Barnstaple, Devon, Exmoor, England - Sleeps 9
South Patchole Farm Cottage is the perfect blend of relaxed and luxurious. It has been restored and furnished to a very high standard, yet it doesn't feel at all pretentious or stuffy. Four bedrooms and two bathrooms provide ample room for nine people to sleep comfortably, with a private walled garden allowing even more room to spread out.
The cottage is on a working farm where the opportunity to see the animals is very popular with children. You can't get a more genuine country experience than seeing sheepdogs rounding up livestock, ducks waddling across the farmyard, and newborn lambs in spring. Patchole is near the pretty village of Kentisbury where you can pick up the essentials and dine at Michael Caine's restaurant, The Coach House. Barnstaple is ten miles south-west of Patchole. It is the largest town in the area and has a good choice of supermarkets, shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants.
There's nowhere better to get outside than in North Devon particularly with miles of beaches suitable for swimming, surfing and making sand castles. Combe Martin and Woolacombe are two beaches nearby, along with Ilfracombe, Croyde Bay and Sandy Bay.
South Patchole Farm Cottage is on the western fringes of the Exmoor National Park, opening up a wealth of fantastic walking and mountain bike trails virtually from the doorstep. Try the Tarka Trail or the South West Coastal Path, explore Eggesford Forest, or drive to Hartland and enjoy the incredible views on the Devon Heritage Coast.
From Patchole you can easily reach other North Devon attractions including Exmoor Zoo, Combe Martin Wildlife and Dinosaur Park, Lynton Cliff Railway, Watersmeet House, Heddon Valley, and Lundy.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Horse Riding Nearby
South Patchole Farm Continued
- The cosy living room has comfortable seating for nine, and original features like exposed beams and a fireplace which houses a log burning stove. There is also a flat screen television and DVD player.
- The farmhouse kitchen/diner is equipped with everything you need for your self catering holiday, including coffee maker, four slice toaster, and a dishwasher (because no one wants to do the washing up after a large family meal!). A washing machine is a practical addition for a family holiday. The large pine table, original beams and original slate floor give the room a welcoming atmosphere. There are also some perishable ingredients and some basic cleaning items.
- The Master Bedroom is light and airy, with smooth floorboards, a dressing table, chest of drawers and built in wardrobe for storage, and a wonderful four poster double bed dressed with pretty sheets and throws. The room has large windows with lovely countryside views, and a hand basin.
- The second bedroom is also a double, also with views over the garden and countryside. It is spacious and furnished with a double bed, pretty dressing table and mirror, wardrobe, and bedside tables with lights.
- The twin bunk room is decorated in blue and features pine bunk beds and lots of storage.
- The triple room has three full-sized single beds with bedside tables, a wardrobe, hand basin and mirror. It is decorated in feminine shades and also has lovely garden views.
- The fresh white and grey family bathroom has a bath with shower above, hand basin, WC, and towel rack.
- The shower room contains a walk in shower and WC.
- There is also a separate WC.
Outside: A well-tended walled garden includes a children's playhouse and swings, barbeque, and garden furniture. It is secure and safe for children to play. South Patchole Farm Cottage is on a working farm so you are likely to see cows, sheep, ducks, chickens and ponies, and sometimes wild deer. There is private off-road parking for several cars.
Additional Information: As the cottage is on a working farm, pets are regrettably not allowed. A cot, high chair and stair gate are available - please request when booking. All linen, towels, utilities and a welcome basket of logs for the log burner are included in the cost. Short breaks may be available out of peak season depending on availability. WiFi is available throughout the property but it can be a little slow at times due to the rural location.
Low Season from £475
Mid Season from £645
High Season from £825
Peak Season £1220
Changeover Day: Saturday
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 9 people in 4 bedrooms (2 Doubles, 1 Twin, 1 Triple)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Amanda Tassell (Bkgs Officer), click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
South Patchole Farm joined Independent Cottages in April 2017
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 13th August 2017