Middle Leys - Foxtwitchen, Withypool, Somerset, Exmoor, England - Sleeps 6Group bookings available: This property is one of 2 properties which, when rented together, can accommodate up to 10 guests
Leys Cottages sit in an elevated position in the heart of the Exmoor National Park and offers a choice of two delightful dog-friendly holiday cottages that are ideal for families, friends, couples and large groups of up to ten when both hired together.
Offering stylish country living, the cottages provide an ideal base from which to explore Exmoor and the Somerset coastline. Approached via a country track (shared), the cottages sit amongst rolling countrside where sheep and horses graze. The moorland and woodland views are wonderful and the area is a haven of peace and tranquillity with only the occasional sound of birds or animals to interrupt the silence.
The small Somerset village of Withypool is just half a mile away and provides a tranquil setting alongside the river. Surrounded by open moorland, the village is popular with people stopping for lunch and refreshments at the Royal Oak pub (reported to be one of Exmoor's best!) and Victorian tea rooms. There is a village store for stocking up on provisions, along with a Post Office which provides tourist information to help you plan your holiday. There are also a number of other very good pubs and restaurants within a short drive of the cottage.
For those who enjoy outdoor activities, Leys Cottages is a perfect choice of holiday destination with superb walking, cycling and pony trekking across Exmoor. The Two Moors Way runs through Withypool and there is a lovely riverside walk to Tarr Steps (approximately four miles) which nestles amongst a National Nature Reserve and the Barle Valley SSSI which is a haven for wildlife.
Also within easy driving distance is the popular town of Dulverton with an excellent selection of shops and nice places to enjoy lunch or a traditional cream tea; the medieval village of Dunster with its Old Yarn Market, lovely castle (National Trust) and beach outside the village and the coastal town of Minehead for traditional seaside fun and a good choice of shops, pubs and restaurants.
Whether you are looking for a base from which to explore Somerset or want to enjoy a multitude of outdoor activities in the Exmoor National Park, Leys Cottages provide an ideal base.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Stables/Livery Onsite
Middle Leys Continued
- Charming well equipped country-style Kitchen with flag stone floors, wooden work surfaces, white washed wood beams, country style dresser, warming Aga, separate electric oven, gas hob, fridge/freezer and dishwasher. Patio doors lead out to the garden.
- Laundry room at the bottom of the stairs with washing machine and tumble dryer - a great place for drying outdoor gear.
- Sitting room beautifully presented with wood-burner, double seater sofa, three arm chairs, flat screen television and DVD player.
- Master bedroom with king-size bed - a romantic room for soaking up the peace and tranquillity complimented by restful colours, large chest of drawers, bedside tables and en-suite shower room.
- Double bedroom with lovely views over Exmoor from the sash window. The bedroom has a standard size double, built-in wardrobes, chest of drawers and two bedside tables.
- Pretty bedroom with two single beds that can be joined together by arrangement to form a king-size double. Wonderfully comfy, this room has ample storage, chest of drawers and wardrobe.
- Family bathroom with bath, hand-held shower attachment, wash basin and WC.
Outside: There is a pretty garden to the front of the property where you can sit and enjoy afternoon tea or a glass of wine as the sun goes down. Laid mainly to lawn, there is a table and chairs for alfresco dining and a BBQ available for the warmer weather. Guests may also use the grassed area adjacent to the cottage (slightly sloping).
Additional information: Two dogs welcome by arrangement and charged at £25 each. Stabling is available should you want to bring your horse and includes bedding and haylage (charged at £15 per night per horse - up to date vaccination certificates are required). Short breaks available outside of school holidays. Cot and high chair available. Price includes heating, linen, electricity and towels.
Low Season from £350
Mid Season from £550
High Season from £690
Peak Season £925
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Kings, 1 King/Twin)
Group booking details:
Please note: Middle Leys sleeps 6 people. The owner has 2 properties which, when booked together, can accommodate up to 10 guests. Dining capacity: 0.
Contact owner for group prices
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Amanda Tassell (Bkgs Officer), click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Middle Leys joined Independent Cottages in June 2014
Owner's Other Properties
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 20th August 2017