Emmett's Grange - Simonsbath, Minehead, Devon, Exmoor, England - Sleeps 15+1Group bookings available: This property is one of 2 properties which, when rented together, can accommodate up to 16 guests
Emmett's Grange is an impressive elegant Georgian style holiday home that accommodates up to fifteen guests in six bedrooms and sits on a nine hundred acre estate. With some of the most incredible views over the dramatic and rugged Exmoor landscape, this is an exceptional holiday home for a large group celebration or for spending quality time with friends or family.
Sitting at twelve hundred and fifty feet, Emmett’s Grange is the highest farm on Exmoor and nestles in the very heart of the estate alongside a smaller holiday home - Linhay which sleeps two guests. Parties of thirteen can be accommodated when Emmett's Grange and Linhay are rented together, yet both are equally suitable for letting individually with each sitting at the end of its own private drive, in an ideal setting overlooking fields and moorland.
The Grange is an ideal place to spend a holiday and is a spectacular and unique paradise for those with an interest in walking, cycling, fishing, horse riding or who want to simply relax amongst wonderful scenery. Guest's have the sole use of the estate during their stay and are free to enjoy the extensive grounds. Why not enjoy a family picnic or some good old fashioned damming at the stream. The children can try their luck at catching the fish that live in the pond and don't forget to look out for the Red Deer that can often be spotted grazing on the moorland and surrounding area which is a haven for many rare native bird species. Hunting, fishing, shooting and falconry can also be arranged and stabling for twelve horses is available should you wish to bring your own horse.
For those who can tear themselves away from the estate, the wider area of West Somerset and North Devon has plenty of attractions to offer. From beautiful sandy beaches at Croyde, Woolacombe and Saunton to rugged cliff top walks at Lynmouth and Lynton. Alternatively explore the historic market towns of Dulverton and South Molton along with the miles and miles of wild unrivalled moorland that the National Park has to offer.
With so much to offer on the doorstep, this is an exceptional holiday home with superb facilities in a wonderful Exmoor setting.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Log Burner
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Tennis Onsite
- Fishing Onsite
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Stables/Livery Onsite
Emmett's Grange Continued
- Traditional Hallway leading to..
- Morning Room decorated in powder blue, featuring a Steinway piano, cornet, electric guitar and trumpet. A padded window seat provides fantastic views over the Exmoor countryside and allows guests to relax whilst listening to music.
- Conservatory in a Victorian style with widescreen television and Wii games console - a favourite place for children to relax and ideal for lunch or dinner with a large pine dining table and chairs. With views out onto the gardens and woodland this is a perfect place to bask in the sunshine whilst relaxing on the sofa.
- Farmyard Kitchen with views over the courtyard and a good range of facilities including a double fridge/freezer, gas oven, dishwasher and lots of work space. There is also a Butler’s pantry and a charming bar area ideal for drinks, along with seating overlooking the courtyard for adults who want to escape for some peace and quiet.
- For more formal dinners, the exquisite Dining Room provides a perfect environment with open fire, antique furniture and seating for fourteen.
- After your meal relax and take drinks in front of the fire in the comfortable Drawing Room with plush sofas, comfy chairs and television.
- The Library provides the perfect place for some quiet time where you can get lost in a book. For rainy days there is an antique Bagatelle table and a small pool table, along with a selection of board games and lots of books.
- Office for those who need to work or catch up with the outside world. Comfortably furnished it has wireless internet and a fax machine.
- Utility Room with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Impressive staircase leading up to...
- Knight Room - a fantastic yellow room which boasts a super king-size bed (which can be split into two singles) along with an additional single bed. This room has an en-suite bathroom with wash basin, bath, shower and WC.
- Fortescue Room with a lovely four-poster bed, comfortable arm chairs and window seat with wonderful views over the moor. This room also has an en-suite bathroom with wash basin, power shower, bath and WC.
- Derby Haddon Room is a cosy twin bedroom which overlooks the courtyard and has its own private bathroom and WC.
- Josh Brown Room is an incredibly cosy bedroom that can be made up as with a twin or double. It has its own sofa and views over the moor.
- The Bunk Room has views over the courtyard and is a cosy room with a set of bunk beds that can be separated to form two singles if required, suitable for children or adults. This room shares a large bathroom with Josh Brown Room, containing a wash basin, bath and WC.
- The Nursery is an ideal retreat for both little ones and teens, sleeping four with two single beds, a set of bunk beds (full-size), television, sofas and an en-suite shower room.
Outside: A large croquet lawn sits outside the house with wooden tables and chairs for relaxing and enjoying the superb views over the surrounding moorland estate. A full size tennis court and traditional vegetable garden sit to the side of the house and to the back of the house is the courtyard where the guinea fowl and chickens wander around. There is a large table tennis table, snooker table and skittle alley in one of the barns providing an ideal place for children to escape and have fun. Further afield guests can explore the Estates nine hundred acres providing fantastic walks and rides across miles of unspoilt moorland.
Additional information: Catering can be provided upon request with menus incorporating wonderful locally sourced meals. Weekend and midweek breaks are available outside school holidays or at short notice - please enquire. Twelve stables available for renting at £15 per horse per night. Bed linen, towels and welcome pack included in the price. Cots and highchairs available. Pets are welcome and charged at £30 per pet.
Low Season from £1575
Mid Season from £2250
High Season from £2600
Peak Season £3120
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 15+1 people in 6 bedrooms (2 Family rms, 1 Double, 1 Twin, 1 Double/Twin + 1 Bunk room)
Group booking details:
Please note: Emmett's Grange sleeps 15+1 people. The owner has 2 properties which, when booked together, can accommodate up to 16 guests. Dining capacity: 14.
Contact owner for group prices
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Amanda Tassell (Bkgs Officer), click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Emmett's Grange joined Independent Cottages in Oct 2012
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 19th August 2017