Cophole Farm - Brompton Regis, Dulverton, Somerset, Exmoor, England - Sleeps 14
This impressive large holiday home is located at Cophole Farm which nestles amongst glorious scenery within the Exmoor National Park. Sleeping up to fourteen guests and offering a high degree of comfort and style, Cophole is the perfect venue whether you are looking to get away with friends, family or want to celebrate a special occasion.
Offering a warm welcome to people and pets alike, Cophole Farm extends to some four hundred acres, and is a breeding stud for horses and other farm animals so there's always plenty to see (particularly in the spring when the newborn lambs are jumping with joy or the summer when the foals are finding their feet!). The surrounding scenery is simply stunning and offers plenty of opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts with lovely walks and cycle rides to enjoy. Wimbleball Lake (a Dark Skies Discovery Site) is just a short walk away - a tranquil reservoir where you can try your hand at trout fishing, canoeing, sailing or for those looking for something more sedate, hire a rowing boat and take a picnic. There are also lovely walks around the lake (and bike rides), a children's play area, plenty of space to find a quiet place to relax, and tree top adventures with ropes to swing from (sure to keep the monkey's entertained!).
Exuding Victorian charm, Cophole is beautifully presented throughout with plenty of space for everyone to relax and socialise. It offers not just one but two sitting rooms (one for the children and one for the adults!); a kitchen equipped with everything needed to cater for a banquet; dining room with seating for all around one table and piano for some traditional entertainment; seven bedrooms (with one on the ground floor for those with limited mobility); and five bath/shower rooms so no fighting over the wash room in the morning! The outside living area is equally impressive with plenty of room in the garden to relax during the warmer months and space for the children to let off steam.
Exmoor's natural beauty is equally as spectacular by day as it is by night, being the first International Dark Sky Reserve to gain status in Europe. With its wild rugged moorland and picturesque coastline it offers miles of tracks and trails to explore by foot, bike or horse back. Pretty little villages with traditional inns (the nearest being the Raleghs Cross Inn just up the road from Cophole Estate) are just waiting to be discovered and there are an abundance of great days out and attractions to suit all ages.
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Cophole Farm Continued
- Cosy welcoming sitting room ideal for the adults with comfy seating, flatscreen television and log burner - the perfect place to relax after dinner with an aperitif.
- Spacious lounge which is ideal for the whole family (a great place for the kids to play whilst the adults entertain themselves) which leads into the games room with table footie and a pool table. With nice views over the garden, comfy seating, a large television, DVD/BlueRay, X-Box and additional log burner, this room is sure to be everyone's favourite.
- Well equipped kitchen at the heart of the house with warming Aga, electric oven and hob for those who prefer conventional cooking, American style fridge/freezer (which dispenses ice); dishwasher, microwave, that all important coffee machine and stylish central island.
- Dining room with large table that seats all guests and piano for some traditional entertainment.
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer - a great place for drying off dogs with direct access to the garden.
- Double/twin bedroom.
- Bathroom with WC, wash basin, shower cubicle and bath.
- A landing leads to all six bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Guests have the choice of six lovely bedrooms, each with its own unique character and beautifully presented: Two en-suite double and super-king size bedrooms; One twin bedroom; King-size double room; Family room with double and single bed sleeping three and a fun single bedroom.
- Shower room with wash basin and WC.
- Bathroom with roll-top bath, WC and wash basin.
Outside: Large with plenty of space, the garden is an ideal place to relax in the warmer months with shaded areas for hot days, a play area for the kids and a patio with outdoor furniture and BBQ for alfresco dining. Guests also have the expansive estate to explore with a track that takes you directly to Wimbleball Lake - a pleasant walk.
Additional information: Two dogs welcome (charged at £50 for first dog and £25 for second). Prices include Wi-Fi, utilities, towels and bed linen. Short breaks available for the majority of the year apart from peak weeks. Online booking available via the owners website.
Low Season from £1350
Mid Season from £1875
High Season from £2850
Peak Season £2850
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 14 people in 7 bedrooms (2 Doubles, 1 Super-King, 1 King, 1 Single, 1 Twin & 1 Family with double & singl)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Amanda Tassell (Bkgs Officer), click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Cophole Farm joined Independent Cottages in Jan 2016
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 12th August 2017