Barham Cottage - Parracombe, Nr Lynton, Devon, Exmoor, England - Sleeps 6
Barham Cottage sleeps up to six guests in three en-suite bedrooms and is a charming character cottage, nicely tucked away in an idyllic position amidst a rural wooded valley in the Exmoor National Park.
Perfect for families or friends, the cottage is close to an abundance of Devon's most popular attractions with the coastal resorts of Lynton, Lynmouth and Combe Martin all close by, along with Exmoor Zoo and Lynton and Barnstaple narrow gauge railway at Woody Bay station, just up the road.
Nestling within an acre and a half of gardens and paddock bounded by the Barbrook stream, the cottage was formerly a home for local shepherds. Today it offers guests plenty of privacy and tranquility, and is located two miles away from the nearest road along a private 'no-through' country track (please note that the track is unsealed and uneven in places - not suitable for vehicles with low suspension and care needed with low profile tyres).
There are lovely walks straight out onto the moor from the front door, and plenty to keep cyclists and horse riders occupied with tracks, trails, and leafy lanes to explore (including the Tarka Trail and the South West Coastal Path which are both easily accessible). For those who want to bring their horse away for a riding holiday in Exmoor, there are three stables and a small paddock available to rent).
If relaxing by the sea is more your thing, Lynton, Lynmouth and Combe Martin are just a short car ride away (under five miles on Devon's glorious North Coast). Alternatively, head to the golden surfing meccas of Croyde, Woolocombe and Saunton (with its excellent golf course) which are forty minutes away by car. The Big Sheep is sure to be a holiday highlight with the younger ones; and for the adults, visit the National Trust properties of Arlington Court and Dunster Castle, or Marwood Hill Gardens and RHS Rosemoor.
Parracombe is the nearest village to Barham Cottage and just three miles away. A small Moorland village with a big heart, Parracombe has a village shop for provisions, an ancient church and a traditional Exmoor Inn (the Fox and goose) serving food and ale.
Dating back two hundred years, Barham Cottage offers plenty of space both inside and out to relax and unwind. The gardens are perfect for when the sun shines, and when it doesn't, you can enjoy them from the conservatory, or snuggle up in front of the wood burning stove (you have two to choose from - one in each sitting room!) watching a good movie.
Whether you want to spend time by the sea, enjoy the rugged beauty and outdoor playground of Exmoor or want to explore Devon's many attractions, Barham Cottage offers a comfortable welcoming retreat at any time of the year.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
Barham Cottage Continued
- Entrance area and boot room - a good place to store coats and outdoor clothing.
- Spacious sitting / dining room with comfortable seating, flat screen television, DVD player, large oak table with seating for eight guests and fireplace with wood burning stove for cosy nights in. Stripped oak floor and beams on the ceiling add to the charm of this room which leads out to...
- Conservatory - a nice sun trap where you can sit and enjoy the views over the garden with stream.
- Modern stylish open plan kitchen with ample cupboards, double eye level oven, ceramic hob and fridge / freezer.
- Utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer and also bathroom with shower, bath, WC and wash basin.
- Additional sitting room with television and log burner - the perfect place to escape for a quiet moment with a good book (or catch up on your favourite soap!).
- Twin bedroom with en-suite shower including WC and wash basin.
- A landing at the top of the stairs take you left and right to...
- King-size bedroom with en-suite shower room.
- Additional king-size bedroom which also has an en-suite shower.
Outside: Formal gardens provide plenty of space to relax when the sun shines. Plenty of off-road parking, as well as a car port where bikes could be stored. There are also outbuildings for secure storage and a stable yard with three stables plus small paddock.
Additional information: Prices include heating, electricity, bed linen and towels. Two dogs are welcome by prior arrangement. No smoking inside the cottage. Short breaks available outside of peak summer/Christmas/New Year period with a three night minimum - please enquire with the owner. Flexible changeover available outside of peak periods. Credit/debit card payments available over the phone.
Low Season from £450
Mid Season from £625
High Season from £950
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Flexible
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Kings & 1 Twin - all en-suite)
Owner: Antony O'Hara, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Barham Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Feb 2017
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 17th September 2017