The Old Manor - Blandford Forum, Dorset, England - Sleeps 19+2
The Old Manor can sleep large parties of up to twenty one (plus an additional two on a sofa bed) and is an elegant manor house in Dorset.
Sitting in two acres of grounds, this is an ideal retreat for friends and families who want to get away and spend time together or celebrate a special occasion. With nine bedrooms, carriage driveway, large terrace for alfresco dining, tennis court and hot tub, there are plenty of facilities to cater for all.
Surrounded by unspoilt countryside, The Old Manor is just a fifteen minute drive from Studland on the Dorset coast with its expansive golden beach. The area offers plenty to see and do including the Jurassic Heritage coastline, Farmer Palmer's Farm Park near Poole for the little ones, country inns for leisurely lunches, historic houses and gardens and good shopping opportunities at Bournemouth, Poole and Dorchester. Iconic Stonehenge is also within easy reach (just over half an hour by car) and the Roman City of Bath is an hour and a half away by car offering a host of attractions, historic features and more great shopping!
- Internet Access
- Hot Tub
- Open Fire
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Tennis Onsite
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Stables/Livery Onsite
- Accessible via Public Transport
The Old Manor Continued
Accommodation is split across three floors and comprises:
- Oak doors lead you into the hallway of the manor house with traditional Parquet floor and cupboard for boot storage.
- Utility room off the hall with plenty of room for storing outdoor gear plus two basins and cupboards offering lots of storage space. This room leads into a cloakroom with WC.
- Snug with huge old fireplace, leather sofa and traditional tartan chairs - a cosy place for a quiet moment in front of the fire with a good book.
- Dining room with large table that can seat sixteen and separate round table which can seat an additional five (ideal for children) - kitchen chairs can be brought into the dining room to provide additional seating. A log burning stove provides warmth in the winter months.
- Spacious sunny drawing room with parquet floor (polished), Freeview television with Sky, open fireplace, three comfy sofas (one is a double sofa bed) and armchairs - a nice place for the whole group to relax after supper.
- Large kitchen which overlooks the garden terrace. Flagstone floor and bespoke painted cupboards compliment the tradition of this room which is equipped with American fridge freezer, two dishwashers, four oven Aga (only operational during the winter), electric oven (large), induction hobs, coffee machine (for your morning espresso), pantry and twin butler sinks.
First floor (accessed via one of the two staircases)
- Bedroom One is a double/twin room with wash basin and fitted wardrobe.
- First Bathroom is a large room with bath, separate shower, heated towel rail and stone floor.
- Bedroom Two has a sunny aspect and is also a double/twin with brick fireplace and fitted cupboards.
- Bedroom Three is a pretty double/twin with vanity unit overlooking the garden.
- Bedroom Four has two single beds with fitted cupboards, wash basin and a Chinese screen which adds a dramatic feel to this room.
- Bedroom Five is the master suite with king-size four poster bed (with sofa at the base of it) wardrobe, twin wash basins and dressing room with plenty of cupboards. This leads through to the second bathroom with shower.
- Third bathroom is spacious with under floor heating and large bath.
- Bedroom six is a pretty family room sleeping up to four with four single beds, exposed beams, fitted cupboards and stone windows.
- Fourth bathroom with large double shower, bath, WC, wash basin, exposed beams, stone windows and heated towel rail.
- Bedroom seven is a cosy single room with beams.
- Bedroom eight is a spacious family room with flexible sleeping that can be arranged as two doubles and four singles.
- Bedroom nine is a double/twin with wash basin and a fitted cupboard.
Outside: There is a games room located in the garden in a separate cottage with wooden walls and floor, table with stools, bean bags for lounging on, tables for football, tennis and games for outside including badminton raquets, rounders set etc. A log burner compliments this room. A hot tub is located in the garden and available for use at an additional one-off charge of £50. The terrace is lavender fringed and provides a lovely place for relaxing and alfresco dining during the warmer months with swing seat, charcoal BBQ and garden table and benches to seat twenty two. There is also an outside wetroom with WC.
Additional information: Central heating throughout and carpets. Bed linen provided (please bring towels). Children welcome, pets welcome and no smoking inside. Wi-Fi and Sky (standard family package) available. If you would like to use the hot tub, there is an additional charge of £75. The cost of heating is included between 1st October to 1st April - outside of these dates it will be charged according to the cost of heating oil. Early and late departure may be available for an additional small fee two weeks before arrival depending on availability.
Low Season from £1950
Mid Season from £2750
High Season from £3950
Peak Season £4250
Pets: Yes 3 or more dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 19+2 people in 9 bedrooms (4 Double/Twins, 1 Twin, 1 King, 1 Single, 2 Family rms + sofa bed)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Yes
All female groups: Yes
Catering Available: No
Owner: Sarah Campos, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Old Manor joined Independent Cottages in Dec 2014
Owner's Other Properties
Short break weekend bookings welcome PLEASE NOTE; This property is not usually available during the week, please enquire
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 5th August 2017
Approximate Location of The Old Manor
The owner has requested that the exact location not be shown, please contact the owner for the precise location of The Old Manor