Warcombe Farmhouse - Lee Bay, Nr Woolacombe & Ilfracombe, Devon, England - Sleeps 9
Warcombe Farmhouse sleeps nine guests in four bedrooms and is a spacious rural retreat ideal for large groups of family or friends who want to holiday together or celebrate a special occasion. Sitting in an elevated position on the hillside above the North Devon seaside village of Lee Bay, this delightful Devon long house guarantees a holiday that will always be remembered.
A superb example of a period home which oozes charm and character, this five hundred year old farmhouse has been lovingly renovated, and retaines many of its fantastic original features, perfectly mixed with modern conveniences to ensure a high level of comfort. With large bright rooms, a southerly aspect and a sweeping garden which is ideal for alfresco dining and secluded sunbathing, this is a perfect retreat at any time of the year.
Positioned away from the lane, Warcombe Farmhouse offers peace and tranquillity, where the only sounds that will disturb your silence are bird song and the rustling of the leaves in the trees. A place where you can escape the hustle and bustle of every day life, whilst staying in touch with the outside world should you want to, with Wi-Fi.
The farmhouse sits just a mile from the village of Lee Bay where the beach can provide hours of fun and entertainment. The little ones will love the rock pools for crabbing and romantics can enjoy leisurely strolls and when the tide is out, you can wander round to Bath Beach or Sandy Cove (also accessible by the coastal path so you won't get cut off if you stay too long!). There is also a very good family friendly pub serving tasty food (The Grampus Inn which also doubles up as a shop and post office) and for a wider selection of eating establishments, Woolacombe with its beautiful golden sands and clean water is just minutes away by car. The Victorian resort of Ilfracombe is also nearby offering a whole host of attractions including Landmark Theatre, Damien Hirst's controversial statue and trips on a glass bottom boat to Lundy Island to see the puffins - a must for wildlife lovers.
With a vast array of footpaths to explore including the famous South West Coastal path and the Tarka Trail, there are excellent walking opportunities in the surrounding location which is designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Lovingly called 'Fuchsia Valley', the surrounding countryside bursts into life in the summer months when the hedgerows are ablaze with colour. With the Atlantic Ocean shimmering in the background, there is no finer setting for a holiday by the sea.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
Warcombe Farmhouse Continued
Warcombe Farmhouse nestles within an acre of attractive grounds and is accessed via its own private farm track. As you approach the farmhouse, the sea views will catch your eye and the beautiful porch with tumbling flowers during the summer months provides a wonderful greeting.
- Large fully equipped kitchen with feature dining table at its very heart. Flag stone floors, wood beams and wooden kitchen units create the feel of a real country kitchen, perfectly complimented by integrated appliances including an electric oven and hob, dishwasher, fridge with separate freezer, washing machine, microwave, CD player for background music and television in the corner.
- Enormous lounge which is flooded by light and offers a tasteful mix of old and new with contemporary artwork, three plump sofas and three armchairs, wood-burner, large Freesat television and DVD player - the perfect place to kick off your shoes and relax and unwind.
- Double bedroom with chest of drawers and wardrobe.
- Colourful triple bedroom ideal for children with full-sized bunk beds and an additional single bed.
- Main family bathroom opposite the double and triple room with shower cubicle, bath, his and hers sinks, each with a mirror, WC, wash basin and heated towel rail.
- Second double bedroom with plenty of storage including a large wardrobe and two bedside cabinets. This bedroom affords lovely views and has its own door leading through to the shower room next door which can be locked to become an en-suite. There is also a heated towel rail, WC and wash basin.
- Twin bedroom with great views over the Devonshire countryside. Ideal for adults or children with two full size single beds there is plenty of storage space with a large wardrobe and chest of drawers.
- Separate shower room with WC located on the first floor.
Outside: There is a large sweeping lawn surrounded by hedgerows and mature trees with plenty of room for the little ones to let off steam. Sun loungers are provided along with a gas BBQ and table with chairs - perfect for enjoying alfresco dinners whilst taking in the spectacular backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean.
Additional information: Pets are welcome at an additional £30 per dog. Underfloor downstairs heating and central heating in the bedrooms and bathrooms. Bed linen and towels provided. Travel cot, highchair and stair-gate provided. Free Wi-Fi internet access. Short breaks available outside of school holidays.
Low Season from £595
Mid Season from £745
High Season from £925
Peak Season £1350
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 9 people in 4 bedrooms (1 Double en-suite, 1 Twin, 1 Triple and 1 Double)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Amanda Tassell (Bkgs Officer), click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Warcombe Farmhouse joined Independent Cottages in Nov 2013
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 12th August 2017