The Stables at Parkgate Farm - Tawstock, Barnstaple, Devon, England - Sleeps 12
Parkgate Farm sits on the outskirts of Tawstock, a pretty village in North Devon and offers a choice of five desirable holiday cottages accommodating parties of two to twelve guests. Ideal for couples, families or friends who want to holiday together, guests can enjoy excellent facilities onsite including a games room with table tennis, table football and dartboard; tennis court (all weather) and two play areas for the little ones.
Four of the cottages at Parkgate Farm are located around the farm courtyard (these four are dog-friendly) and The Stables (featured in this advert) sits on its own, just around the corner from the others, and sleeps up to twelve guests in six en-suite bedroom (some offering ground floor living for those with limited mobility). All cottages are decorated and equipped to a high standard of comfort and style and each has its own garden and terrace.
Located just a few miles from the market town of Barnstaple, the pretty village of Tawstock is an ideal base for exploring North Devon and its many attractions. Within half an hour's drive are the golden beaches of Woolacombe, Saunton and Croyde and even closer is Instow Sands (just seven miles). For walkers, opportunities are endless with the South West Coastal Path to explore, the Tarka Trail (also popular with cyclists) and many country walks. Golf and horse riding are also available locally.
The Victorian town of Ilfracombe is also a 'must' to visit. Home to artist Damien Hirst and his statue 'Verity', this beautiful harbour town has much to offer with restaurants, pubs and plenty of attractions including the award winning Ilfracombe Aquarium and Tunnels Beaches. Alternatively explore the pretty historic villages of Clovelly, Appledore and Hartland, each with its own unique timeless charm and picturesque setting.
For those looking for something other than beaches, North Devon has plenty to offer including Exmoor National Park with its excellent walking and wildlife opportunities. See the park at its full glory around Lynton and Lynmouth (the Cliff Railway connects the two villages) where you will see the wild goats grazing in the Valley of the Rocks; or enjoy a cream tea at Watersmeet, a treat that Devon is so famous for!
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Games Room
- Tennis Onsite
- Golf Nearby
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
The Stables at Parkgate Farm Continued
The Stables sits on its own and is a luxury barn conversion that accommodates up to twelve guests in six en-suite bedrooms.
- Well equipped kitchen with beautiful features including a flag stone floor and wood beams, mixed with modern conveniences including American style fridge/freezer (with ice maker), dishwasher, double range oven, microwave, washing machine, tumble dryer, plenty of pots and pans and a breakfast bar for leisurely snacks.
- Dining room with large pine table and seating for twelve (high chair available) - the perfect place for supper or for a special celebratory meal.
- Large living room which provides plenty of space for everyone (including those who want a quiet moment with the paper!). The lounge is long with a family area at one end with two large comfy three seater sofas, plus floor cushions for relaxing in front of the fire or watching television/playing games; and a more elegant area at the other end with two plush armchairs and a two seater sofa from which you can admire the lovely views from the floor to ceiling windows. Beautifully furnished in natural tones this versatile space is a cosy place to relax all year round where you can watch the children play in the garden during the warmer months.
- En-suite king-size bedroom with wardrobe, chest of drawers, wall mounted flat screen television and walk-in shower room with WC and wash basin.
- En-suite twin bedroom with two single beds, wardrobe, chest of drawers, casual chair, wall mounted television, walk-in shower room (with WC and wash basin) and door that leads out to the sunny terrace - a perfect place for your morning coffee.
- East Wing en-suite king-size bedroom with large wardrobe, wall mounted flat screen television, casual chair and en-suite bathroom with roll top bath, WC, wash basin and heated towel rail.
- East Wing second en-suite king-size bedroom with matching wardrobe/chest of drawers, wall mounted flat screen television, casual chair and en-suite bathroom with roll top bath, WC and wash basin.
- West Wing en-suite twin bedroom with two single beds, wall mounted flat screen television and en-suite bathroom with bath, WC and wash basin.
- West Wing en-suite king-size bedroom with matching cream wardrobe and bedside tables, wall mounted television and bijou shower room, compact but stylish with shower, WC and wash basin.
Outside: There is a large sunny fully enclosed patio area which is ideal for alfresco dining, BBQ's (charcoal BBQ provided) and for the children to play. Two tables (each seating six) and sun loungers are provided. There is also a smaller terrace (which can also be accessed via the dining room) which is perfect for those looking to escape for a quiet moment with a book. The communal games room is a short stroll from the front door and has table tennis, table football and darts - available to all guests staying at Parkgate Farm, along with the all-weather outdoor tennis court. The little ones can also enjoy the children's play area which is situated on the grass area opposite The Stables with timber slide and two swings.
Additional information: Bed linen and towels included, along with electricity and heating. Wooden cot, high chair and stair-gate provided. All bedrooms are en-suite and equipped with flat screen TV's. Under floor heating throughout. Wi-Fi available. Saturday changeover days are available in the other cottages which are dog-friendly (please note that The Stables does not accept dogs).
Low Season from £1050
Mid Season from £1250
High Season from £1995
Peak Season £2995
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 12 people in 6 bedrooms (4 Kings, 2 Twins - all en-suite)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Amanda Tassell (Bkgs Officer), click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Stables at Parkgate Farm joined Independent Cottages in Dec 2014
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 13th August 2017