Rock Cottage - Goodleigh, Barnstaple, Devon, England - Sleeps 4
Rock Cottage sleeps four guests and is a picture postcard thatched holiday cottage located in the pretty village of Goodleigh, near Barnstaple in North Devon. With spectacular views over the rolling valley to the Taw Estuary beyond and accommodation that oozes character and charm, Rock Cottage is a well-equipped retreat for a cosy holiday at any time of the year.
Nestling amongst peaceful countryside, Rock Cottage affords a convenient location for exploring the areas many attractions with easy access to the beautiful popular beaches of Croyde, Woolacombe and Saunton Sands (great for surfing). For stocking up on provisions the attractive town of Barnstaple is just a couple of miles away with its great range of shops, eating establishments, museum and famous Pannier Market. A little further afield (just an hour) is Exeter which is equally as picturesque and appealing with excellent shopping opportunities.
There are no shortage of great days out in North Devon with something for all ages. The younger ones will enjoy a day at Exmoor Zoo seeing the animals and Watermouth Castle with its ride that are sure to be a highlight of the holiday. For the adults (and families) there are plenty of National Trust properties, gardens and attractions including Arlington Court, Knighthayes Court, RHS Rosemoor, Tarr Steps and boat trips to Lundy or along the coastline.
An ideal retreat for walkers, there are beautiful walks across rolling countryside and along flower-filled country lanes from the front door. Alternatively, venture a little further and explore the South West Coastal Path with its stunning seascape and Exmoor National Park, a haven for wildlife with miles of tracks and trails. Cyclist will enjoy the Tarka Trail and for those who are only up for a short stroll, a leisurely lunch at the friendly local pub serving good food (just 100 yards!) is sure to please.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
Rock Cottage Continued
- Kitchen full of traditional charm with beams on the ceiling, natural slate work tops, along with modern conveniences including a hob, double oven (inc grill), microwave, dishwasher and table with four chairs.
- Living room with fantastic chunky beams and large inglenook fireplace (with original bread oven) which houses a wood burning stove, complimented by traditional furnishings adding to the timeless charm. A wonderful place to relax at the end of the day with widescreen Freeview HD television, DVD player and Hi-Fi (with iPod plug). A stone staircase winds up to...
- Master bedroom with king-size bed, vanity desk, mirror, wardrobe and chest of drawers with integral writing desk/compartment that folds down (great for using as a laptop table or writing postcards).
- Bathroom with shower over bath, WC and wash basin.
- Double/Twin bedroom with two single beds that can be zipped together to form a double by arrangement. A half-height wardrobe (with drawers) provides storage, along with a vanity desk with mirror and en-suite WC for convenience.
Outside: With lovely views over the village and valley, the pretty cottage garden cleverly incorporates two terraces with one ideal for alfresco dining (garden furniture and parasol provided) and the other relaxing in the sun during the warmer months. There is also an additional terrace with arbour, garden chairs and flower beds on the opposite side of the cottage - perfect for a sun downer!
Additional information: Bookings cannot be accepted from anyone under 21 years of age. Due to the hillside location and structure of the cottage, it is not suitable for those with limited mobility. Off-road parking for two cars. The quiet friendly pub is just 100 yards away. Short breaks available. Prices include Wi-Fi, heating, linen, electricity and towels. The cottage has electric storage heaters. A small welcome basket of logs is provided between September to May and a large bag can be purchased from the owner at an additional charge of £10. Cot and high chair available.
Low Season from £299
Mid Season from £345
High Season from £510
Peak Season £795
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (1 King & 1 Double/Twin)
Owner: Peter & Suzanne Taylor, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Rock Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Dec 2014
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT SUMMER 2017 - Book full week between 14 July and 31 August 2017 by end of September 2016 and you will get 10% 'early bird' discount. BOOK NOW - offer subject to availability.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 22nd August 2017
Approximate Location of Rock Cottage
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book