Redwing - Instow, Nr Bideford, Devon, England - Sleeps 7
Redwing occupies one of the most desirable spots in Instow. Directly opposite the North Devon Yacht Club, it affords visitors fantastic views of the tidal estuary where the River Taw and the River Torridge meet. The family home sleeps seven guests in three bedrooms, providing spacious accommodation for families or groups of friends who want a comfortable and convenient base for exploring Devon's beaches and countryside.
You can walk from Redwing to Instow's shops and amenities with the beach entrance just an eight to ten minute walk away. Award winning Johns on Marine Parade (under three minutes by foot) is one of the best delicatessens in Devon. It's a good place to pick up local produce for a memorable picnic or it has a great cafe if you would prefer to eat inside. Eating dinner out is as simple as a stroll to Bensons, and you can have a pre-dinner drink while you appreciate the estuary views at the Instow Arms.
A local ferry service can take you to Appledore, while three miles away in Bideford with a Tesco, Morrisons and Aldi offering a choice of supermarkets and there are more restaurants, pubs and cafes. The larger town of Barnstaple is a twenty-minute drive away with more options.
Instow Sands is popular with families with young children who like to paddle in the shallow water, especially at low tide when the flat expanse of sand is exposed. Sandymere, Bideford and Westward Ho! are within three miles, while Saunton Sands, Putsborough Sands, Croyde Bay, Woolacombe and Ilfracombe are only a few miles further.
While North Devon is famous for the quality of its sandy beaches and impressive coastal walks, it also attracts people for the beauty of its lush green countryside and proximity to Exmoor National Park. The Tarka Trail runs through Instow, and you can stretch your legs with a walk in the North Devon AONB, or cycle or drive fifteen miles to the start of the Exmoor National Park where there are hundreds of acres of pristine outdoors for you to explore.
If you're only happy enjoying the great outdoors, be it cycling, sailing, swimming, surfing, walking or eating local ice-creams on the beach, you'll love staying at Redwing. Likewise, if your ideal family holiday consists of sandcastles and ice creams, visiting historic houses and gift shops, or sitting peacefully in the sunshine with a book and some binoculars soaking up wonderful views, this is the property for you.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Waterside Location
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
Redwing was built over one hundred years ago and its design makes the most of the outstanding water views. It sleeps seven guests in three bedrooms, with accommodation spread over two levels.
- A bright spacious living room features a deep window seat where you can sit and look across the front garden to the boats in the marina and the estuary beyond. A pretty Victorian fireplace (non-working) adds a focal point, and there are comfortable sofas for sitting and reading, chatting, or watching the SMART flat screen television with satellite channels and a DVD player.
- There is a large farmhouse-style pine table in the dining room, with ample room for up to eight people to enjoy a delicious meal. There is another (non-working) fireplace in here, and the room is decorated with quirky nautical touches that fit perfectly within the location.
- The fitted kitchen provides a contemporary touch in the home. It features a gas stove and hob with extractor fan, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, toaster, microwave, cooking equipment, plates and cutlery. Some non-perishable ingredients and basic cleaning equipment are included.
- There is also a utility area with washing machine, tumble dryer, iron and ironing board.
- The master bedroom has fantastic views across the water. It is furnished with a king-size oak bed. There is another Victorian fireplace (non-working) and plenty of built in storage.
- Ensuite shower room with shower cubicle, hand basin, WC, towel rail and radiator.
- Bedroom two has twin beds. Both are 6ft long and can easily accommodate adults and teenagers. The bedroom is at the rear of the property and overlooks the garden and countryside.
- Bedroom three has a single bed and bunk beds to sleep three people. It also overlooks the garden and green countryside.
- A family bathroom has a bath with a shower above it, WC and wash basin.
Outside: Access to the rear garden is through the kitchen. It has a wooden decked area with table and chairs, lawn, a shed and barbeque. Redwing is fortunate enough to have its own private parking space on the road out the front, with a second space in the yacht club and further parking in the lay-by near the cottage.
Additional information: There is central heating and unlimited WiFi throughout the property. Well behaved pets are welcome by arrangement with the owners. No smoking. Bed linen, towels and a welcome pack of essentials are included in the price.
Low Season from £380
Mid Season from £480
High Season from £660
Peak Season £850
Pets: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 7 people in 3 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Twin & 1 Triple)
Owner: Mary Goddard, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Redwing joined Independent Cottages in April 2017
Owner's Other Properties
Special offers available now! Amazing location - walking distance to Instows sandy beach, fantastic pubs/cafes and award winning shop/deli.
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 22nd September 2017