Pine Lodge - Bickington, Barnstaple, Devon, England - Sleeps 10
Pine Lodge sleeps up ten guests in five bedrooms (plus two infants) and is a beautifully presented large rural house that affords lovely views over the North Devon countryside. In ideal retreat for friends and families, Pine Lodge is perfect for a summer holiday or break away celebrating a special occasion.
Situated in the rural village of Bickington, Pine Lodge is within easy reach of the historic town of Barnstaple in North Devon with its panier market, theatre, cinema, wide choice of shops and eating establishments. During the warmer months guests can enjoy the garden where you can BBQ on the patio whilst admiring the far reaching views that span to Lundy Island on a clear day. With a large lawn area and tree house, there is plenty of space and interest for children whilst the adults relax!
The dining room provides the ideal place for enjoying long relaxing suppers in front of the open fire; or hosting a celebratory meal in the elegant setting with the log burner waiting to welcome you in the sitting room when you retire. There is also a heated, carpeted garage that has been converted into a social games room with table tennis, darts board and table football - plenty to keep all ages occupied of an evening or rainy day.
Providing the perfect mix of homely comforts, modern style and elegant charm, Pine Lodge is an excellent base from which to explore North Devon and its many attractions. Whilst you feel away from it all, tucked nicely along a private drive in a peaceful rural setting, Barnstaple is just a short car ride (or walk) away for those who want to stock up on provisions or enjoy a meal out. Alternatively there is a village shop in nearby Fremington and pubs serving food in both Bickington and Fremington so no shortage of places to enjoy a meal out.
There are walks to enjoy from the village, along with a play area for the little ones and access to the Tarka Trail providing miles of traffic free cycling and walking where you can soak up the estuary views en-route. Exmoor National Park is also on the doorstep offering endless walking opportunities and pretty coastal villages and towns to visit. For those wanting a day at the beach, Instow with its golden sands is just ten minutes away in the car or head for Westward Ho! which is a firm family favourite with Blue Flag status and a lifeguard on patrol throughout the summer months. Woolacombe, Croyde and Saunton are too within easy reach (under forty minutes away) and offer great opportuities for those who enjoy surfing.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Log Burner
- Garden/Outside Area
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
Pine Lodge Continued
- Light and spacious sitting room with two comfy leather sofas (one seating three and the other seating four), two tubs armchairs, large forty two inch Smart television, DVD player, Nintendo Wii (for the younger ones) and log burner for cosy nights in front of the fire.
- Cloak room where you can store coats and shoes.
- Dining room, beautifully decorated in an elegant style with large table seating ten guests (plus high chair), dresser and writing desk. An open fire adds to the atmosphere, providing a magical atmosphere to any family supper or celebratory meal.
- Stylish modern kitchen/breakfast room well equipped with plenty of cupboards for storage (beautifully topped with slate), Rangemaster stove (which has two electric ovens and a gas hob), dishwasher, microwave, central island and even a Nespresso Coffee Machine! This is a nice place to enjoy informal meals such as breakfast (or feed the children) with a table and four chairs.
- Utility room (adjoining the kitchen) with additional dishwasher, washing machine and American fridge/freezer. Off the utility room is...
- Garage which has been beautifully converted into a games room which is carpeted with table football, dart board (please bring your own darts) and table tennis, along with the tumble dryer. Heated via a radiator, this is a nice social place for children and adults alike throughout the year.
- Bedroom One offers a decor as crisp as the country air in soft shades of blue with king-size bed (with tables beside), large wardrobe, dressing table, occassional chair and lovely views across the surrounding countryside to the sea beyond.
- Bedroom Two is a restful retreat in pastel shades with lovely countryside views, double wardrobe, chest of drawers, cot, chaise longe and king-size bed which converts into two singles providing flexible sleeping.
- Bedroom Three is ideal for children or adults and is a bright and cheerful twin bedroom with double wardrobe, chest of drawers, two occassional chairs and a window seat where you can enjoy a quiet moment.
- Stylish modern house bathroom with fantastic double ended bath, WC, wash basin, heated towel rail and roomy shower cubicle.
- Bedroom Four is the master room with double leather bed, lovely pastel shades of pink, wooden floor and large glass doors that let the morning light flood in, leading out to the balcony (covered with artificial grass so comfy under foot!) where you can sit with your morning coffee or enjoy a glass of wine before dinner. A double wardrobe and chest of drawers provide plenty of storage for clothes and this room has a stylish en-suite shower room with wash basin, WC and heated rail.
- Bedroom Five is on the ground floor possibly being ideal for those with limited mobility or people who enjoy some additional privacy. This room has a king-size bed, wardrobe and chest of drawers for clothes storage, wooden floor and its very own sitting area with comfy sofa, thirty two inch television and doors that provide access onto the terrace. With an en-suite shower room, you won't want to leave this peaceful sanctuary!
Outside: Guests have large gardens to enjoy providing plenty of space to relax with level lawns (great for games!) and borders with flowers, trees and shrubs, providing shade on a sunny day and privacy. A patio is at the back of the property with outdoor furniture for alfresco dining, along with barbecue and two picnic tables - the perfect place for enjoying the lovely countryside views. The children (older ones) will love the tree house where they can climb the ladder and tuck themselves away in their own little 'fort'.
Additional information: One dog welcome by arrangement. No smoking. Saturday is the normal changeover day for weekly bookings. With an open fire and wood burner, this is an ideal property for winter breaks as well as summer holidays. High chair and cot available (please bring cot bedding). Prices include bed linen, heating, electricity and towels.
Low Season from £895
Mid Season from £1250
High Season from £1750
Peak Season £2295
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Changeover Day: Saturday
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 10 people in 5 bedrooms (2 Kings, 1 Double, 1 King/Twin, 1 Twin)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Amanda Tassell (Bkgs Officer), click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Pine Lodge joined Independent Cottages in April 2015
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 13th August 2017