Oak Cottage at Greendown Farm - Chittlehampton, South Molton, Devon, England - Sleeps 5
Oak Cottage at Greendown Farm sleeps up to five guests in three bedrooms and nestles amidst glorious rolling North Devon countryside on a working farm. Nicely off the beaten track sitting along a peaceful country lane, Greendown Farm offers all the right ingredients to escape the pressures of everyday life - a taste of country living without forsaking the creature comforts and luxuries of home.
Nestling amongst forty six acres of land where animals peacefully graze, Greendown Farm offers a warm welcome and a relaxed environment for you, your family, friends and also dogs (two are welcome by arrangement). Enjoy glorious views over rolling countryside from the comfort of this light and airy cottage, or lace up your walking boots and get out and about amongst the beauty.
There are miles of footpaths to explore from the front door including a pleasant walk to the village of Chittlehampton with the welcoming Bell Inn for a pint and good food. Venture further afield and explore the South West Coastal Path on Devon's North Coastline (half an hour drive); or bring your bike and cycle the leafy country lanes exploring pretty villages and tiny hamlets along the way with plenty of places to stop off for a Devonshire cream tea. You also have miles of traffic free cycling on the famous Tarka Trail and Coast Cycle Route.
Perfectly sandwiched between Chittlehampton and the small market town of South Molton, there are an abundance of attractions and day trips out. A visit to RHS Rosemoor, Broomhill with its impressive sculpture gardens and Castle Hill, a glorious 'garden for all seasons' with tea room are a must for garden enthusiasts. There are plenty of country houses to visit including Knightshayes and Arlington Court with its Carriage Museum; as well as attractions for the little ones including the popular Big Sheep, Quince Honey Farm where you can learn about bee keeping and Exmoor Zoo.
You also have a great choice of beaches within easy driving distance including award winning Woolacombe with its impressive three mile long beach, Combe Martin (the kids will love the Wild Animal Park), Croyde (a surfing mecca), Saunton Sands with its superb golf course and Westward Ho! to name just a few! If all that is not enough, Exmoor National Park is close by with Dartmoor a little further but still within driving distance for a day trip out.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Garden/Outside Area
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Oak Cottage at Greendown Farm Continued
Oak Cottage was once used as a farm building for storing corn and has now been beautifully transformed into a welcoming country cottage.
- Offering light and airy open-plan living with ample room for everyone, the ground floor is cleverly laid out in two distinct areas. The farmhouse style kitchen is well equipped with microwave, dishwasher, electric oven/hob, integrated fridge and large table with five chairs. Stairs act as a visual divide between the kitchen and sitting room with a freezer discreetly tucked away in a cupboard under the stairs.
- Sitting room in restful pastel shades with lovely stone fireplace housing a log burner, comfy seating, television and DVD player.
- Family bathroom with shower over bath, 'his and hers' sinks, WC and heated towel rail.
- There is also a communal laundry room which guests have the shared use of with washing machines and tumble dryers.
- Stairs take you up to a landing area which provides access to two further small sets of stairs taking you up to the first floor. Off the landing is the impressive master bedroom which is a lovely king-size room flooded with light. Exposed roof trusses add to the charm of this room which has a wardrobe and wash basin.
- Pretty double bedroom which like the other rooms affords plenty of light, beams for character and wardrobe for clothes storage. This room has lovely views over the surrounding countryside.
- The single bedroom also has countryside views and whilst compact, has a full size single bed, chest of drawers and small chair suitable for children (and the resident teddy!).
Outside: There is plenty of space for cottage guests to share with a field where the kids can let off steam including a picnic and BBQ area. Guests are also welcome to explore the grounds where you will get a real feel for farm life.
Additional information: Two dogs welcome by arrangement at an additional charge of £25 per dog (a few house rules apply so please discuss with the owner at the point of booking). Prices include heating, bed linen, electricity and towels. Short breaks may be available, please enquire. WiFi internet access available.
Low Season from £325
Mid Season from £495
High Season from £735
Peak Season £825
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Saturday
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 5 people in 3 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Double & 1 Single)
Owner: Amanda Tassell (Bkgs Officer), click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Oak Cottage at Greendown Farm joined Independent Cottages in Nov 2016
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 13th August 2017