Marigold Cottage - Sherford, Nr Kingsbridge, Devon, England - Sleeps 8
Marigold Cottage sleeps up to eight guests in four bedrooms (plus three bathrooms!) and sits in the popular South Hams area, amongst the glorious rolling Devon Hills just four miles from the market town of Kingsbridge. Sitting on a private country estate which was once used for producing cider, today the buildings have been converted into comfy holiday homes that benefit from excellent on-site facilities including a heated indoor swimming pool (open all year round), games room, pitch and put and an outdoor all weather tennis court.
A haven for walkers and sailors, Kingsbridge sits on an estuary and forms a very special part of the English Riviera which is much loved for its dramatic rugged coastline peppered with beautiful beaches for lazy days. The nearest sandy beaches to Marigold Cottage can be found less than twenty minutes away by car, in and around Salcombe (Bantham, Mill Bay and Thurlston) or head to Slapton Sands pretty pebble beach (just ten minutes away).
The popular harbour towns of Kingsbridge, Salcombe and Dartmouth attract visitors from far and wide, offering lots of fabulous shops, boutiques and galleries to browse, as well as restaurants and pubs for a meal out and an abundance of attractions.
For outdoor enthusiasts there are superb opportunities for water sports (including kayaking and sailing), pony trekking, kit surfing, cycling, golf (enjoy a round at Bigbury and Thurlestone), and miles of walks both through the glorious South Devon countryside and along the South West Coastal Path.
Alternatively, just enjoy lazy days on the beach with a picnic, crabbing, sun bathing and building sand castles.
- Internet Access
- Swimming Pool
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Games Room
- Tennis Onsite
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Marigold Cottage Continued
- Lounge area with comfy seating set around a log burner with television and DVD player for entertainment. A nice place to relax at the end of the day in front of the flickering flames.
- Kitchen/diner which is well equipped for self-catering with electric hob (with extractor over), oven, microwave and fridge. There is also a large table where eight can dine in comfort.
- Separate utility area with washing machine and extra fridge with freezer compartment. The dining area has large table with seating for eight.
- Ground floor bedroom with king-size five-foot bed. This has access to...
- Shower room with WC and wash basin.
Lower ground floor
- Bunk bedroom which is compact and suitable for children or possibly small adults. The lower ground floor is only three steps down from the ground floor.
- Master bedroom with super-king six-foot bed plus en-suite with shower over bath, WC and wash basin - please note that the master bedroom and king on the ground floor have room to accommodate a cot.
- Twin bedroom with two singles. This room also has an en-suite with shower over bath, WC and wash basin.
Outside: The cottage has its own very private walled garden which is enclosed with outdoor furniture and BBQ - a lovely place to relax with a glass of wine or alfresco meal, and space for little ones to play. Guests have use of the communal indoor heated swimming pool as well as the snooker room, tennis court, games room, outdoor play area for children and pitch and put.
Additional information: Dogs are welcome at a small additional charge providing they are well behaved. Prices include bed linen, heating and electricity. Please bring your own towels for the pool and bathing (bath towels can be hired at an additional charge). Short breaks available out of peak times.
Low Season from £875
Mid Season from £1000
High Season from £1300
Peak Season £1600
Pets: Yes 3 or more dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Saturday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 8 people in 4 bedrooms (1 Super-king, 1 Twin, 1 King & Bunk bedroom)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Louise Salmon, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Marigold Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Feb 2017
short breaks and midweek changeover days may be accommodated
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 23rd March 2017