Kings Arms House - Chulmleigh, Devon, England - Sleeps 7-9
Kings Arms House accommodates seven to nine guests in four attractive bedrooms and is a comfortable attractive holiday home sitting in the very heart of the pretty small town of Chulmleigh in Mid Devon. Dating back to Saxon times, Chulmleigh offers a pretty setting for a holiday with its thatched cottages, choice of three pubs, a bistro and sprinkling of independent shops to browse.
The house welcomes dogs (up to two) and is ideal for families and friends, whether it be for a holiday or break away celebrating a special occasion. Well presented throughout, there is lots of original character and modern facilities to ensure a high degree of comfort. With two sitting rooms, each with a wood burning stove, and attractive terraced garden for alfresco dining, Kings Arms House offers a warm welcome at any time of the year.
Conveniently located in the heart of Devon, there are plenty of attractions within easy reach, including both the north and south coastlines with glorious sandy beaches and hidden coves, and the National Parks of Dartmoor and Exmoor providing vast outdoor playgrounds to explore. Visit the Quince Honey Farm near South Molton and learn how honey is made; Winkleigh Cider and treat yourself to a gift or two!; Boldtry Riding Stables; one of the many traditional pubs for a leisurely lunch or head to the glorious sands of Saunton, Woolacombe or Westward Ho! with a picnic and your beach towel.
Alternatively, relax and enjoy all this beautiful part of Devon has to offer. For those who enjoy a round, Chulmleigh Golf Course is a short walk from the house and for the little ones there is a kiddies playground in the town where they can let off steam. Chulmleigh is also home to the country's largest population of otters and offers excellent opportunities locally for those who enjoy walking, horse riding, cycling and wildlife.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Kingsize Bed
Kings Arms House Continued
- Sitting room one is a cosy place to relax at the end of the day with its log burner. Decorated in warm colours, there are four two-seater sofas providing plenty of seating, a large Freesat television (including recording facility), DVD player and baby grand piano for a good old fashioned sing song.
- The second sitting room is larger, light and airy and furnished in cool pastel shades. Again this room has a log burner, flat screen television, plenty of comfy seating and DVD player.
- A compact yet well equipped kitchen has everything needed to cater for the whole party with dishwasher, electric four oven range cooker (with eight Gas burners!), coffee machine and microwave. Next to the kitchen is an alcove which houses the washing machine should you need to freshen clothes whilst away.
- Off the kitchen is a dining room with long table which can seat ten guests. Overlooking the terrace area at the back of the property, this a light and pleasant place for informal suppers and celebratory meals.
- Master bedroom with king-size bed which can be arranged as a twin with two singles by prior arrangement. The light floods in through the big window and there is plenty of clothes storage with drawers and a wardrobe as well as a dressing table, occassional chair and television mounted on the wall.
- Bedroom two is a flexible room with zip and link beds again offering king or twin facilities. Attractive, this room also benefits from plenty of light, the same clothes storage facilities, television and dressing table.
- Bedroom three is a pretty single which children will love but equally suitable for adults with full size bed, dressing table, drawers and a wardrobe.
- Bedroom four is a restful room with king-size bed, two chest of drawers, dressing table, wardrobe and television.
- Shower room with WC, wash basin and heated towel rail.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, wash basin and WC.
Outside: Guests have a terraced garden to enjoy when the sun shines - perfect for alfresco meals including BBQ's. The garden is secure but you are asked to ensure dogs and children are not left unsupervised when playing. Off road parking for two vehicles.
Additional information: Two dogs are welcome. Weekly bookings are accepted Friday to Friday. For short breaks outside of peak holiday times or a different changeover day, please enquire with the owner. Prices include heating, linen, electricity and towels.
Low Season from £650
Mid Season from £785
High Season from £1550
Peak Season £1750
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 7-9 people in 4 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Single, 2 Double/Twins + Sofa Bed)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Amanda Tassell (Bkgs Officer), click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Kings Arms House joined Independent Cottages in Nov 2016
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 6th September 2017