Gardeners Cottage - Bocombe, Nr Bideford, Devon, England - Sleeps 4
Gardeners Cottage sleeps four guests in two bedrooms (and two bathrooms) and enjoys a private position sitting within an acre of garden with fruit tree orchard. Offering single level accommodation, the cottage is suitable for those with limited mobility and welcomes dogs, having wide appeal to families and also couples (one or two).
Well equipped with home from home comforts, Gardeners Cottage has all the right ingredients to relax and unwind. The decking has lovely views over the orchard and is magical of a night for alfresco dining under the amazing dark starry sky (telescope provided!); and for when it's chilly, relax in front of the flickering glow of the log burner.
Well located, Gardeners Cottage sits between the villages of Parkham and Horns Cross and nestles amongst the glorious countryside of North Devon close to the coast and a host of fabulous beaches, National Trust properties and attractions. The South West Coastal Path is accessible just three miles away in Buck’s Cross, and there are great family friendly attractions to keep the little ones amused including the Big Sheep and Milky Way. For the adults, Dartington Crystal, RHS Rosemoor and Atlantic Village Outlet for shopping are all within easy reach, as are the coastal villages and towns of Clovelly, Bideford, Westward Ho! and Appledore. For those happy to travel a little further, the golden sandy surfing beaches of Saunton, Croyde and Woolacombe are within an hours drive.
Gardeners Cottage has wide appeal, whether you want to explore or relax. Dogs are welcome to join their two legged family members on holiday, with wooden floors and plenty of space where they can roam freely in the adjacent woodland and meadow (a picture in the spring when ablaze with wild flowers). The area is a walkers paradise with lovely dog walks throughout the private grounds of the estate straight from the front door. Whatever time you visit, Gardeners Cottage provides a warm welcome.
- Log Burner
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Gardeners Cottage Continued
- Entrance hall / boot room where you can store coats.
- Open-plan living area with three distinct areas for cooking, eating and relaxing. The kitchen is equipped with electric cooker (with ceramic hob and extractor over), dishwasher, microwave, fridge/freezer and washing machine, along with a good range of cutlery, crockery and cookware. There is a round dining table with four chairs, and comfy seating, forty inch digital television, Blu-ray player and iPod docking in the sitting area. A log burning stove provides a cosy atmosphere on chilly nights, and French doors take you outside to a raised decking area with outdoor furniture for enjoying a glass of wine or alfresco meal overlooking the orchard.
- Inner hallway which can be used as a play area if the weather is wet leading off to the bedrooms.
- Master bedroom with impressive four-poster bed, dressing table, wardrobe for clothes storage and two leather chairs where you can sit and enjoy a quiet moment in this peaceful retreat. There is an en-suite with large walk-in shower, wash basin and WC.
- Twin bedroom with two single beds, dressing table and wardrobe.
- Family bathroom with electric shower over bath, wash basin and WC.
Additional information: Electric heating is included in the price along with a large basket of seasoned logs, bed linen and towels (please bring beach towels). Dogs most welcome (please bring dog bedding and towels for muddy paws). There is plenty of parking alongside the cottage. Short breaks available, please enquire with the owner.
Low Season from £400
Mid Season from £450
High Season from £600
Peak Season £900
Pets: Yes 3 or more dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (1 Double & 1 Twin)
Owner: Jane Mclachlan, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Gardeners Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Jan 2017
Please email jane.mclachlan@ btconnect.com for any further info or short breaks
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 11th August 2017