Dufour Barn - East Allington, Nr Kingsbridge, Devon, England - Sleeps 6
Dufour Barn sleeps up to six guests in three bedrooms and is impressive both in terms of style and location. Sitting on a private estate in the highly desirable South Hams area of Devon, this gorgeous barn conversion nestles amongst eighteen acres of splendid grounds, and overlooks the magnificent Grade II listed Fallapit Manor House which was formerly the creation of the Fortescue family.
Tucked away in its own little oasis of calm on the outskirts of East Allington Village, the estate offers plenty of outside space to relax and unwind with areas where the children can play safely and let off steam. There are woodland walks for an evening stroll (beautiful when ablaze with bluebells), a mini-size football pitch for a kick around, expansive lawns where you can find a peaceful spot for a picnic, and a lake with a decking area for sitting and soaking up the atmosphere whilst watching the abundance of birds that visit.
East Allington Village has a friendly community with a country pub (The Fortescue Arms) at its heart serving good food. There is also a shop for forgotten provisions.
The South Hams area offers plenty to see and do, whether you enjoy being active, exploring or lazing on a golden beach. Visit nearby Dartmouth and Salcombe, popular haunts with the sailing fraternity offering superb restaurants for fine dining, pubs and a great choice of shops to browse. The vast golden beach of Bantham is also close by and popular with watersports enthusiasts, as is the sheltered tree fringed bay of Blackpool Sands. Slapton Sands is another popular choice with almost two miles of shingle that attracts mackerel in the warmer months and in turn fishermen.
Alternatively, head inland and visit the unique market town of Totnes, Kingsbridge and the pretty villages that pepper Dartmoor's beautiful national park.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Tumble Dryer
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Dufour Barn Continued
- Stylish kitchen with a wonderfully simplistic feel even thought it is well equipped with a washer/dryer, microwave, double eye level oven, induction hob with extractor over, fridge/freezer, breakfast bar with two stools and a good range of glossy white units topped with striking dark granite.
- Dining area with large table that can seat up to eight guests in comfort, plus a sofa in an alcove area under the stairs. Large patio doors take you outside and let the light flood in.
- Shower room with WC, wash basin and large double size cubicle.
- King-size bedroom which has the same light and airy feel as the rest of the barn.
- Twin bedroom with two single beds.
- Second king-size bedroom with a fabulous en-suite including a bath as well as a shower cubicle, 'his and hers' wash bowls and a WC.
- Spacious sitting room with vaulted ceiling providing a lovely sense of space. Plenty of windows (including glass doors with a Juliet balcony providing stunning views), ample comfy seating and a log burner add to the charm, and there is a television and DVD player for guests entertainment.
Outside: Guests have the shared use of the garden at the front of the barn with a courtyard including a table and chairs where you can sit and enjoy a glass of wine. At the back is a BBQ area with space for children to play. The communal grounds are extensive and available for enjoyment. Off-road parking.
Additional information: Beds are made up ready for arrival with fresh linen, and towels are provided (please bring beach towels). Underfloor heating, electricity and complimentary WiFi also included in the price. No smoking. One dog welcome (an additional charge of £40 applies). Storage is available for bikes, kayaks and even boats on a small trailer, as well as a wash down area for wet suits and surf boards.
Short breaks available: 3 nights - 75% of weekly rate; 4 nights - 80% of weekly rate and 5 nights are charged at 85% of the weekly rate.
Low Season from £603
Mid Season from £708
High Season from £963
Peak Season £1183
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms
Owner: Joanna Brown, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Dufour Barn joined Independent Cottages in May 2017
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 15th August 2017
Approximate Location of Dufour Barn
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book