Dartonia Cottage - Appledore, Bideford, Devon, England - Sleeps 6
Dartonia sleeps six guests in three bedrooms and offers stylish modern pet friendly self-catering in the pretty Devon fishing village of Appledore. Beautifully presented throughout, this mid-terrace holiday home offers accommodation split across three floors and affords fabulous views over the estuary from the top floor master bedroom (telescope provided!). A great choice for families and friends who want to relax by the sea.
Appledore offers a picturesque setting with its narrow little streets lined with colourful fisherman's cottages, and small, but nonetheless good, choice of pubs, shops, art galleries and the North Devon Maritime Museum. With a long history in boat building, this pretty little quayside village is an excellent base for discovering the fabulous beaches along Devon's North Coastline such as Westward Ho! (just a short drive away) and Instow (accessible during the summer months by ferry from the village). The little ones are sure to love crabbing from the quayside and an ice cream from Hockings, a family business who have been putting a smile on people's faces since 1936! Benson's restaurant is a popular choice for supper (particularly for those who love seafood) and Susies Tea Rooms serve a fabulous Devonshire cream tea. There are also events and festivals running throughout the year adding to the charm and seaside vibe of the village.
For day trips out, visit the market towns of Barnstaple, Bideford or Great Torrington, or the surfing meccas of Croyde and Woolacombe with their golden sands. Take the kids to The Big Sheep, Altantis Adventure Park or the Milky Way - all within easy reach.
Alternatively, stay closer to home and explore the South West Coastal Path and the Northam Burrows Country Park with its lovely walks and spectacular flora and fauna (home to the Royal North Devon Golf Club and perfect for those who enjoy a game). Skern Lodge is another local Appledore business offering a great range of outdoor adventures from kayaking on the River Torridge to climbing, abseiling and surfing.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Waterside Location
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
Dartonia Cottage Continued
- Welcoming sitting room with comfy leather seating, flat screen television and DVD player.
- Stylish modern kitchen/diner with striking blue units packed full of a good range of utensils and equipment for self-catering, dishwasher, American fridge/freezer (with ice and water dispenser), oven/hob (with extractor over), washing machine and dining table which extends to accommodate six guests when needed. A door takes you out to the garden at the back of the property.
- Pretty double bedroom presented in restful pastel shades with attractive distinguished free standing furniture providing plenty of drawer space for clothes and hooks for hanging garments.
- Twin bedroom with a distinct nod in the nautical direction. A Victorian fireplace (not working) adds to the charm of this room with drawers for clothes and hooks for hanging.
- House bathroom with double ended bath plus walk-in shower cubicle, WC and wash basin.
- Nicely tucked away, the master bedroom sits at the top of the house and offers plenty of space to relax with a double bed and en-suite shower room with WC and wash basin.
Outside: There is an enclosed garden at the back of the property where you can enjoy alfresco dining, with plenty of space for children and dogs to let off steam. Two off-road parking spaces are located at the end of the garden as well as additional parking on the road if required.
Additional information: Pets are welcome. No smoking in the property. WiFi internet included in the price along with heating, bed linen, electricity and towels. Cot and high chair available by request. Short breaks available out of peak season and online booking available via the owners website.
Low Season from £450
Mid Season from £675
High Season from £900
Peak Season £1275
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Doubles & 1 Twin)
Owner: Maurice, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Dartonia Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Feb 2017
Last minute availability available this month due to cancellation. Save 30% on normal price. Check out our last minute offers.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 9th July 2017