Dairy at Wheel Farm - Berry Down, Combe Martin, Devon, England - Sleeps 4
Wheel Farm Cottages provide a choice of eleven Four Star holiday homes nestling amidst glorious North Devon countryside in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty just two miles from Combe Martin on the coast. With some of North Devon's finest beaches and the Exmoor National Park within easy reach, this is a superb holiday destination for those who simply want to relax or explore the areas many attractions.
Offering peace and tranquility, Wheel Farm Cottages provide guests with excellent on-site facilities including a heated indoor swimming pool, sauna and outdoor tennis court (all weather). There's also a play area to keep the little ones amused and seven acres of grounds including gardens and woodland to relax and unwind in.
Combe Martin itself is a popular holiday destination with a good choice of pubs, restaurants, lovely beach and the award winning Combe Martin Wildlife and Dinosaur Park which is sure to be a holiday highlight with younger guests.
The local area not only has its fair share of fantastic beaches for lazy days and water sports including Croyde, Woolacombe, Ilfracombe and Saunton within easy driving distance; but it also has an abundance of attractions for day trips out. Here are just a few to whet your appetite:
- Tarka Trail – follow the twenty-one miles of scenic level cycle trail (bike hire available).
- Exmoor Zoo at Bratton Fleming - sure to be a hit with the children (and anyone who loves animals!).
- Watermouth Castle and Theme Park near to picturesque Ilfracombe - a must being one of the South West's top attractions.
- Wimbleball Lake at Dulverton which offers plenty of water sports including sailing, canoeing, kayaking, windsurfing and rowing, along with bird watching, fishing for trout and lovely walks.
- Clovelly village – A jewel in Devon's crown with its little cobbled streets that cascade down to the glistening 14th Century harbour.
- Lynton and Barnstaple Railway - currently offering a two mile return ride through glorious Exmoor countryside but soon to be extended to become the most famous narrow gauge railway in the world.
- Arlington Court (National Trust) with its Carriage Museum.
- Internet Access
- Swimming Pool
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Tennis Onsite
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
Dairy at Wheel Farm Continued
Dairy Cottage sleeps four guests and is perfect for families and also couples who like a little extra space around them. With lots of original character, single level accommodation comprises:
- Open-plan living area with comfy seating, Freeview television, DVD player and dining table with four chairs. The kitchen area is equipped with microwave, fridge (with ice box), dishwasher, oven and hob.
- Attractive bedroom with double bed, wardrobe and drawers providing clothes storage.
- Additional bedroom with adult size bunk beds.
- House bathroom with bath (including overhead shower), WC, wash basin and heated towel rail.
Outside: The surrounding extensive grounds provide plenty of places to sit and enjoy a glass of wine or quiet moment with a good book. Guests have the shared use of the indoor swimming pool, all weather tennis court and sauna - all the right ingredients to relax and unwind in this picturesque setting.
Additional information: Pets are welcome in this cottage but other cottages are kept pet free. No smoking. WiFi internet access available. Prices include heating, bed linen, electricity and towels. Please note the washing machine and tumble dryer are located in a communal laundry room. Cot and high chair available by request. Short breaks available out of peak season - please enquire with the owner.
Low Season from £357
Mid Season from £427
High Season from £889
Peak Season £1134
Star Rating: 4 Star
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Bunk bedroom)
Owner: Amanda Tassell (Bkgs Officer), click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Dairy at Wheel Farm joined Independent Cottages in Jan 2017