Collipriest Cottage - Tiverton, Devon, England - Sleeps 10
Collipriest Cottage sleeps up to ten guests in five bedrooms and sits right in the very heart of Devon, nestling amongst rolling countryside on the edge of the market town of Tiverton. Conveniently located for exploring the whole of Devon, Collipriest Cottage, is an excellent choice for celebrating a special occasion, a family holiday or just getting together with friends.
More of a house than a cottage, this impressive property is surrounded by attractive mature gardens and affords fabulous views over the glorious Exe Valley. There is plenty of space inside and out for everyone to relax, dine together and socialise. The kitchen is at the heart of the cottage and is an incredibly social room with Aga, excellent amenities and a charming conservatory which is perfect for informal meals or enjoying a quiet moment with a good book. There is also a more formal dining room with extending table seating ten - perfect for a celebratory meal. Afterwards retire to the sitting room in front of the log fire with your favourite tipple. Five bedrooms and four bath/shower rooms await you for when you are ready to retire on the top two floors, ensuring there is plenty of space for everyone to relax in comfort and style.
The surrounding area offers an abundance of attractions and great days out. The vast outdoor playgrounds of Exmoor and Dartmoor National Parks are within easy reach by car, as are the North and South coasts of Devon offering a wonderful mix of glorious golden surfing beaches, quaint fishing villages, bustling seaside resorts and miles of coastal paths for walkers.
There are also some lovely walks closer to home with the Grand Western Canal Country Park a short walk away from the cottage. Take a picnic and enjoy a leisurely day there or explore the canal path by bike or foot (there's eleven miles to enjoy!). For an extra special experience, take a trip on the 'Tivertonian' one of the UK's last remaining horse drawn canal boats (in operation between 1st April and 31st October).
The Devon Railway Centre in nearby Bickleigh is sure to be a hit with anyone young or old who loves locomotives, and whilst there pay a trip to Yearlstone Vineyard (Devon's oldest vineyard) and historic Bickleigh Mill. Dating back to the 18th Century, this fascinating working water mill offers a treasure trove of gifts to browse and a bistro for a meal where you can relax in the picturesque waterside setting. Knightshayes Court and Country Estate (NT) is also close to Collipriest Cottage for those with a passion for historic houses and gardens.
Tiverton is close to the city of Exeter and is famed for its lace making and small, romantic, well preserved castle (a must to visit). It also has the Museum of Mid Devon Life where you can learn about the areas fascinating history, and a great choice of shops and places for a meal out.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Accessible via Public Transport
Collipriest Cottage Continued
- Hallway where you can store coats and boots.
- Large sitting room with a classic traditional feel incorporating comfy seating, lovely fireplace housing a log burning stove, television, DVD player and large windows/sliding doors that take you into the conservatory - a lovely place to sit on a summers day watching the little ones play in the garden.
- Cloak room with WC and wash basin.
- Dining room with extending table that seats ten guests. A window seat provides a nice place to sit and look over the garden, and there are French doors taking you outside to the patio - perfect for alfresco dining during the warmer months.
- Really impressive kitchen at the very heart of the house including a lovely cream Aga (as well as an electric hob), two fridge/freezers, microwave, coffee machine and dishwasher. There is a centre island with two bar stools where you can sit with a glass of wine and keep the cook company, as well as a small table with two chairs perfect for snacks or morning coffee. The kitchen opens out into a lovely Victorian style conservatory with comfy sofa and dining table with six chairs, leading out to the terrace garden at the back of the property.
- Utility room next to the kitchen well equipped with cupboards, sink, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Spacious en-suite double master bedroom which affords lots of light and lovely views over the garden and surrounding Exe Valley. There is plenty of clothes storage, shower cubicle, wash basin and WC concealed behind a door.
- The second bedroom is also a large en-suite double, with wardrobe, occasional chairs and shower room with WC and wash basin.
- Single bedroom with wardrobe and wash basin. There is the option for an additional bed to be made up in this room to convert into a twin.
- Family bathroom with hand-held shower attachment on the bath, wash basin and heated towel rail.
- Next to the bathroom is a WC with wash basin.
- Two additional double bedrooms can be found on this floor (one with lovely countryside views and the other with sloping ceilings adding to the character of the room).
- Family shower room with WC and wash basin.
Outside: Guests have plenty of space to relax outside when staying at Collipriest Cottage. The main garden offers a large lawn area with trees for shade on a sunny day. It is accessible from the sitting room and offers guests beautiful views over the Exe Valley. There is also a terrace with outdoor furniture and BBQ for alfresco dining (this can be accessed from both the sitting room conservatory and dining rooms). At the back of the cottage is another enclosed garden with terraces set out on different levels - due to the stone steps, please ensure children are supervised at all times in this garden.
Additional information: WiFi internet access available. Prices include linen, towels, electricity and heating. Short breaks available - please enquire with the owner.
High Season from £1400
Peak Season £1950
Changeover Day: Saturday
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 10 people in 5 bedrooms (4 Doubles & 1 Single with extra bed if required)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Amanda Tassell (Bkgs Officer), click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Collipriest Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Nov 2016
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 13th September 2017