Coastal Way Cottage - Braunton, Nr Croyde, Devon, England - Sleeps 6
Coastal Way sleeps six guests and is a well presented holiday home ideal for families, located in a quiet position on the edge of the picturesque Devonshire village of Braunton. Sitting in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Braunton is renowned for having the country's largest network of sand dunes (a Site of Special Scientific Interest). It offers the perfect blend of glorious North Devon countryside and dramatic coastline, with pretty thatched cottages, pubs for a meal out and even a museum!
Just two miles from the village (a ten minute drive from Coastal Way) is the glorious sandy beach of Saunton Sands which provides three miles of seaside paradise with plenty of space to find a quiet spot to lay your towel, a cafe for refreshments, sand dunes for shelter, and a long enough expanse of beach to stretch your legs. Popular with surfers, swimmers and families, Saunton Sands is perfectly placed close to Croyde Bay (just around the headland), another popular haunt for surfers with a great choice of amenities including surf schools, shops, pubs and restaurants.
The seaside resort of Woolacombe is just slightly further around the coastline. Winning a number of awards as a coastal resort, Woolacombe has wide appeal with its impressive three mile long Blue Flag beach, shops, cafes and pubs. Ilfracombe is also within easy driving distance where you can take a boat trip to Lundy Island to see the puffins.
Braunton is surrounded by a number of good golf courses, as well as an abundance of attractions for family days out. Hire a bike (or bring your own) and cycle the Tarka trail; explore the South West Coastal Path; visit the Combe Martin Dinosaur and Wildlife Park; The Big Sheep with a calendar packed full of events; the Milky Way Adventure Park; Exmoor Zoo; Watermouth Castle with its theme park near Ilfracombe and Arlington Court and Carriage Museum (National Trust).
With so much golden sand to relax on, glorious countryside and coastline to explore by bike or foot, and so many attractions within easy reach, it is hardly surprising that Braunton is such a popular holiday destination.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
Coastal Way Cottage Continued
- Modern and welcoming sitting room with ample comfy seating, large flat screen Smart television (with Netflix and internet) and stylish electric 'coal effect' fire providing a cosy environment at the flick of switch. Large doors let the light flood in and provide access into the secure garden allowing adults to sit and relax whilst watching the little ones play.
- Dining room with large refectory table which can seat six guests comfortably.
- Galley style kitchen which is well equipped with everything needed to self-cater including dishwasher, microwave, Gas cooker, tall fridge/freezer, coffee maker and washing machine.
- Double bedroom with television (including a DVD player) and plenty of clothes storage.
- Flexible bedroom which can be made up as a twin or two singles by prior arrangement. This room also has hanging and clothes storage.
- Cheerful bunk bedroom with adult size beds - perfect for children with a toy box and wardrobe.
- House bathroom with shower over bath and wash basin.
- Separate toilet.
Outside: Guests have plenty of space to relax outside when the sun shines in the garden which is enclosed with lawn area for playing and relaxing, terrace for alfresco dining and shed for storing bikes, surf boards and outdoor gear. Off-road parking for one vehicle.
Additional information: Family friendly, children are made most welcome at Coastal Way with toddler crockery, books and toys provided as well as a travel cot, stair gate, high chair and play pen. WiFi internet access available. Bed linen and towels provided and electricity and heating included in the price. Short breaks available - please enquire with the owner.
Low Season from £350
Mid Season from £475
High Season from £775
Peak Season £950
Changeover Day: Saturday
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Bunk bedroom & 1 Super-king/Twin)
Owner: Amanda Tassell (Bkgs Officer), click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Coastal Way Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Nov 2016
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 6th August 2017