Berry Farmhouse - Petrockstow, Okehampton, Devon, England - Sleeps 16
Offering classic style and plenty of space, Berry Farmhouse is the perfect venue for getting together with family or friends and sleeps sixteen guests in seven bedrooms. Nestling amidst the rolling countryside of the Torridge Valley in North Devon, the farmhouse has fabulous rural views and offers an oasis of tranquility where you can escape away to recharge, explore or celebrate a special occasion.
Centrally located within Devon, the farmhouse sits on a working farm on the outskirts of the little village of Petrockstowe and is within easy reach of Dartmoor, Exmoor, the north coast of Devon and also Cornwall's north coast. It is also possible to drive to the south coast for a day trip out and change of scenery.
Beautifully presented throughout, the farmhouse is family and dog friendly and offers the perfect blend of modern conveniences, mixed with character features including an inglenook in the sitting room for nights in front of the fire, large kitchen with Aga, and fabulous dining room with space for everyone to sit around one table - perfect for a celebratory meal or catching up at the end of the day. There is also plenty of space to relax outside when the sun shines with large garden including patios to relax and plenty of lawn area for kids to let off steam.
Spend your days relaxing and enjoying a taste of country life, or get out and about exploring. The Tarka Trail is easily accessible and offers twenty two miles of traffic free cycling so don't forget to bring your bike (or hire one). There are nature reserves for wildlife enthusiasts (including Ash Moor and Heath Quarry); lovely walks through the Devon countryside, across the moors and along the coastal path; and stunning beaches for surfing, sun bathing and building sand castles including Bude, Westward Ho! and Clovelly, all within easy driving distance.
The area also has an abundance of great days out. Visit RHS Rosemoor in the welcoming town of Great Torrington, Paignton Zoo, Buckland Abbey, Dartington Crystal at Torrington and The Big Sheep at Bideford (sure to be a holiday highlight with the little ones).
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Garden/Outside Area
- Games Room
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
Berry Farmhouse Continued
Exceptionally family friendly, Berry Farmhouse is just perfect for enjoying time away with friends or family in a peaceful tranquil setting amongst glorious Devon countryside.
With a lovely welcoming mix of character and comfort, accommodation comprises:
- Entrance hall where you can leave boots and coats.
- Dining room with fabulous long oak table with ample seating for everyone.
- Comfy sitting room which also has ample seating, with television, DVD player and inglenook housing a log burner - the perfect place to retire with your favourite tipple in front of the fire after dinner.
- Utility room with washing machine/dryer, sink, hand basin and separate cloak room with WC.
- Like the rest of the farmhouse, the kitchen is spacious with breakfast bar and two chairs, lovely green Aga (with four ovens), dishwasher, oven and hob for those who prefer conventional cooking, large fridge with freezer above and coffee machine.
- Double bedroom with occasional chair, chest of drawers/dresser and lovely old fireplace (for ornamental use only).
First floor with landing creating a nice sense of space:
- Family bedroom with three single beds. Flexible and spacious, this room can also be made up as a super-king and single by arrangement as it has zip and link beds.
- Additional family room which is also spacious with lovely views and has a super-king and single bed as well as large fitted wardrobe, drawers and a dressing table.
- Super-king size double room with wardrobe and views over the surrounding countryside.
- House bathroom with bath, WC and hand basin.
- Double bedroom with great views, wardrobe and en-suite with Jacuzzi bath, separate shower cubicle, WC and 'his and hers' wash basins.
- Additional double bedroom with bath (including a shower over), WC and hand basin.
- The seventh bedroom is at the end of the landing and is an en-suite king with plenty of clothes storage and shower room with hand basin and WC.
Outside: With terraces at the back and front, an orchard, ponds, flowering borders and lawned areas, there is plenty of space to relax when the sun shines and enjoy the stunning countryside setting.
Additional information: Short breaks available throughout the year with the exception of the peak August weeks. Children most welcome. Prices include heating, bed linen, electricity and towels. Two dogs are welcome (an additional charge applies).
Low Season from £1350
Mid Season from £1925
High Season from £2500
Peak Season £2950
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 16 people in 7 bedrooms (1 Super-king, 3 Doubles, 2 Family rms & 1 King)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Amanda Tassell (Bkgs Officer), click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Berry Farmhouse joined Independent Cottages in March 2017
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 20th August 2017