Barnfield - Bratton Fleming, Barnstaple, Devon, England - Sleeps 8-10
Barnfield Cottage sleeps eight to ten guests in four bedrooms (plus three bathrooms!) and nestles in the peaceful Devonshire village of Bratton Fleming. Dating back to the 17th Century, this pretty thatched farmhouse oozes character and style and is ideally placed for exploring North Devon with its abundance of attractions, fantastic sandy beaches (great for surfing!) and miles of coastal footpaths and rugged moorland.
Perfect for family holidays and weekends away catching up with friends, Barnfield Cottage welcomes dogs (up to three) and children, and has a ground floor bedroom and shower room for those who prefer not to climb the stairs. With all year round appeal, the garden is perfect for relaxing and dining in the summer months, and the log burner in the sitting room and striking raspberry-coloured range in the kitchen/diner warms up the chilliest of winter nights. Beams, a mix of wooden and flagstone floors, an inglenook and exposed stonework all add to the charm of this wonderful welcoming cottage.
Bratton Fleming is a short car ride (ten minutes) from the bustling town of Barnstaple, and offers a shop for stocking up on provisions, a village green with play area for children and the Millennium Wood with a pretty stream running through which the little ones will love to paddle in. For those who want a meal out, there are good pubs in the nearby villages of Goodleigh and Challacombe, or head to the restaurants and pubs in Barnstaple which also has a fantastic Pannier Market for stocking up on local goodies for cooking back at the cottage.
Lovely country walks can be enjoyed from the front door through flower filled meadows and leafy lanes. Alternatively head to Exmoor (ten minutes by car) or the coast where you have miles of the South West Coastal Path to explore, along with fine sandy beaches which have deservedly earned themselves an excellent reputation amongst surfers. Take a picnic and enjoy a day on the golden sands at Woolacombe, Putsborough, Saunton or Croyde; explore the rock pools at Rockham Bay or watch the sunset at Burrican Beach. Amongst others, every one has its own unique charm and appeal.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- A porch where you can store boots taking you into the entrance hall.
- Kitchen with dining area at the heart of the house providing a social place for supper with raspberry-coloured range as a lovely focal point and table with seating for eight. Well equipped, everything is provided for preparing a light lunch or a celebratory meal with dishwasher, plenty of cupboard space, coffee machine, microwave, butchers block and fridge/freezer. Two steps take you down to...
- Utility room (with washer/dryer) which leads through to the shower room on the ground floor with wash basin and WC, acting as an en-suite to the...
- Double bedroom (accessed via the utility room) which provides flexible sleeping with zip and link beds that can be made up as a twin or super-king by arrangement. French doors provide level access outside to the patio area, and underfloor heating keeps you warm underfoot in the cooler months.
- Also off the kitchen is a 'galley' style dining room with table and seating for ten guests. Beams on the ceiling and stone walls add to the charm of this room.
- Spacious sitting room with stone inglenook fireplace housing a log burner, wooden floor, comfy seating (including a sofa bed and occasional chairs), flatscreen Smart television and DVD player. Stairs to one end take you up to the first floor.
- Large games room with comfy seating and a choice of traditional and more modern games including an X-box, Wii and monitor. For those who enjoy a good old fashioned sing along, there is also a piano.
- Large king-size master bedroom with three windows providing plenty of light. A wardrobe and dressing table offer ample clothes storage and there is an en-suite shower room with WC and wash basin.
- Double bedroom with plenty of space to store clothes in the chest of drawers and large cupboard.
- Bunk bedroom which is equally as suitable for children as it is adults.
- House bathroom with roll-top bath, shower, wash basin, WC and heated towel rail.
Outside: The garden provides space to relax, BBQ and play games. Prepare supper using herbs picked from the garden and enjoy alfresco meals on the terrace with plenty of furniture for the whole party to sit, chat and eat. Off-road parking for three to four cars.
Additional information: Barnfield Cottage welcomes up to three dogs (an additional charge of £25 per dog applies). Prices include heating, linen, electricity, towels, Wi-Fi internet access and a welcome pack upon arrival. High chair and cot available (please bring your own cot bedding). The cottage is maintained to a high standard and in 2016 the master bedroom had a new carpet and a new shower room on the ground floor and house bathroom on the first floor were fitted. Should you want to arrange an outside caterer, please contact the cottage owner who can provide local contacts.
Low Season from £685
Mid Season from £875
High Season from £995
Peak Season £1775
Pets: Yes 3 or more dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 8-10 people in 4 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Twin/Super-king, 1 Double, 1 Bunk bedroom & 1 Double Sofa-bed)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Rick Bond, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Barnfield joined Independent Cottages in March 2016
We welcome weekend (Fri-Mon) and mid-week bookings for short breaks during term times.
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 12th August 2017