The Farmhouse - Bodfari, Denbigh, Nr Snowdonia & Chester, Denbighshire, Wales - Sleeps 7+3
The Farmhouse sleeps seven to ten guests and is a delightful 15th century cottage with its medieval cruck construction exposed throughout several rooms. It is comfortably furnished which includes character antique furniture. Sitting within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty The Farmhouse nestles with the picturesque Clwyd Valley and is ideal for walkers, cyclists and horse riders with easy access to nearby Offa’s Dyke.
Not just a playground for outdoor enthusiasts, this beautiful part of North Wales has plenty of attractions for great days out including Snowdonia, the popular Victorian seaside resort of Llandudno with its Blue Flag Beach and traditional seaside charm, Colwyn Bay and Conwy with its stunning medieval castle. A little further afield but still within easy reach are Liverpool, Wirral and the Roman city of Chester which is great for shopping!
There are also several castles to visit, National Trust gardens (such as Bodnant and Erddig Gardens), coastal resorts such as Prestatyn and inland attractions including Betws-y-Coed with its magnificent mountainous setting.
Whatever the time of year, there are no short of great days out to enjoy in this picturesque part of North Wales when staying at The Farmhouse.
Please note: Sunday changeover is offered during high season with a flexible changeover day at other times of the year.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
The Farmhouse Continued
Accommodation and facilities comprise:
- You enter the cottage via the farmhouse kitchen which has everything needed for self-catering including a dishwasher, microwave, gas hob and electric oven, fridge/freezer, television, washing machine and a large oak table which comfortably seats eight guests.
- Welcoming sitting room with lots of character including beams on the ceiling, a lovely big inglenook housing a multi-fuel stove, comfy seating and television. This room leads into...
- Additional reception room offered as a fourth bedroom with double bed, traditional linen press modified for clothes hanging. This room has additional comfortable seating, can also provide a quiet moment with a good book or computer use.
- Also off the sitting room is a conservatory, which is modest in size and leads through to the ground floor shower room which is spacious with WC, hand basin and shower cubicle, along with a tumbler dryer.
- Two bedrooms which offer flexible sleeping with zip and link beds that can either be made up as doubles or two singles.
- Family bedroom which also offers flexible sleeping (either as a double or twin) with the addition of a single bed with truckle bed underneath sleeping four in total if required. This room also affords a small en-suite toilet with wash basin.
- House bathroom with bath, large shower cubicle, WC and wash basin.
Outside: The garden is laid to lawn with small orchard and patio area with outdoor furniture where you can sit and enjoy the lovely views across the surrounding countryside and beyond to Offa’s Dyke.
Additional information: There is central heating to keep the property warm all year round which is included in the price along with electricity, bed linen and towels. Wi-Fi internet access. Plenty of parking for up to six cars in the farmyard. A flexible changeover day is offered during low season and during high season, Sunday changeover applies.
Low Season from £380
High Season from £780
Peak Season £780
Pets: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Flexible
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 7+3 people in 4 bedrooms (2 Double/Twins, 1 Family double/king with 2 extra beds + additional double)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Christine & Ian Hunt, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Farmhouse joined Independent Cottages in Sep 2015
Owner's Other Properties
We are having problems with our booking request responses to some enquirers who's internet provider Gmail are putting our messages automatically into their SPAM folders.Please check your folders!
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 8th August 2017