The Hide - Bridford, Nr Exeter, Devon, Dartmoor, England - Sleeps 2
The Hide is a fantastic one bedroom oak frame barn loft conversion, located on the edge of Dartmoor National Park in Devon. It is an ideal retreat for couples at any time of the year - relax in the private hot tub or cuddle up next to the roaring wood burner on those more chilly nights.
Perfect for a romantic getaway, The Hide is ideally located for exploring the wonders of Dartmoor or just simply relaxing. Set in a woodland glade which is a haven for wildlife, you really feel like you’re a million miles away!
The Hide nestles in a tranquil rural woodland setting on the outskirts of Dartmoor in the scenic Teign Valley. Here you can enjoy country walks by the river or climbing a Dartmoor tor - just minutes away. Watch deer wander through the woods while you relax in the private hot tub.
Should you venture out and about locally you might try:
- A Visit to Castle Drogo sitting high over the moorland (fifteen minutes) or Powderham Castle alongside the River Exe (under half an hour).
- The Nobody Inn ‘pub of the year’ with its famous whiskey collection (five minutes).
- Afternoon tea at Gidley Park - the Sunday times number one in the top one hundred restaurants (twenty minutes).
- World class golf at Bovey castle (twenty minutes).
- A trip to the stunning Jurassic coastline beaches of east Devon (thirty five minutes).
- Mountain biking on the purpose built bike trails of Haldon forest (eight minutes)
The Hide is located on Dartmoor National Park, between the idyllic picturesque villages of Bridford and Dunsford and just seven miles from the cathedral city of Exeter and approximately ten miles from the beautiful coastline of South Devon.
- Internet Access
- Hot Tub
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
The Hide Continued
- Woodburning stove (logs provided)
- Relaxing private hot tub
- 'His and Hers' mountain bikes
- Fully loaded self catering kitchen
- Breakfast bar with bar stools
- High speed wireless internet
- Plasma television with Freesat
- Kingsize double bed
- Towels and linen provided
- Luxury shower room
- Well stocked bookcase
- iPod dock
- Local restaurant and activity guide
- Double sofa bed in lounge for occasional guests
Additional information: Price includes linen, towels, logs, welcome hamper, electricity and relaxing private hot tub. Well behaved dogs may be considered (house rules apply – please speak to the owner first). No smoking in the hide.
Low Season from £375
Mid Season from £499
High Season from £499
Peak Season £599
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 2 people in 1 bedroom (1 King Size Double)
Owner: Lizzie Jenner, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Hide joined Independent Cottages in July 2011
Lizzie & Jeff 'We had a perfect stay in your holiday cottage. Thanks for providing this amazing retreat!' Matt & Lindsay
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 26th March 2017