Coachmans Cottage - Sparkwell, Plymouth, Devon, Dartmoor, England - Sleeps 6
Coachmans Cottage sleeps up to six guests in three bedrooms and sits in the Devonshire village of Sparkwell on the outskirts of the Dartmoor National Park. Within easy reach of the South Devon coast, this welcoming cottage has a garden for summer months, hot tub (additional charge applies) and a log burner for winter breaks, and has been beautifully presented to provide a real home from home with lots of extra special touches to make your holiday memorable.
Perfect for enjoying time away with friends, a family holiday or a romantic break, the cottage offers a great mix of character features blended with modern conveniences. A cosy large sitting room (with log burner) is a great place to relax at the end of the day after you have prepared supper in the large range cooker. Bedrooms are split across two floors with a lovely double bedroom (and shower room) on the ground floor for those with limited mobility and a twin and double room upstairs.
Sparkwell is a great place to base yourself in Devon. There are an abundance of attractions and the coastline within easy driving distance. Pack your bucket and spade and head off to the beaches of Bantham with its sandy beach and shallow waters, Wembury (which has sand and rock pools to explore) and peaceful Mothecombe away from the crowds. For those who like to be active, spend your days exploring the South West Coastal Path with miles of wonderful walks with incredible sea views along the way. Explore the pretty Dartmoor villages and stop off for a leisurely lunch in one of the many traditional pubs or head to Tavistock or Totnes for some retail therapy. Plymouth is also within easy reach with a great choice of eating establishments, shops and the Barbican alongside the harbour which is home to one of the country's largest aquariums, the Plymouth Gin Distillery, shops, galleries and restaurants. The Mount Batten Watersports and Activities Centre is also accessible from here via ferry and is one of the South West's top outdoor education centres.
Alternatively, stay put and enjoy everything this lovely rural village has to offer with lovely walks from the front door, a Michelin star country pub (The Tenby Arms) for a fantastic meal out and even the Dartmoor Zoo - all within a short walk from Coachmans Cottage.
- Internet Access
- Hot Tub
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Coachmans Cottage Continued
- With an elegant feel, the spacious sitting room provides the perfect place to retire to after supper with log burner set in an impressive fireplace, a nice mix of formal and comfy seating, flat screen Freeview television, DVD player, a large side board, beams on the ceiling and heavy drapes at the window adding to the charm.
- Dining room which is accessed off the sitting room with a conservatory feel, allowing you to enjoy meals whilst looking out over the garden. A large table seats six guests, a dresser houses crockery and French doors provide access outside to the patio area - open them up and let the outside flood in.
- Country style kitchen well equipped with pine units that are topped with granite and wood, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, coffee machine and large range cooker with gas hobs and electric oven. There is also an Aga in a brick fireplace which is available for use during the winter months when lit.
- Utility area off the kitchen where the washing machine is stored (plenty of space for walking boots and coats).
- Snug room which has a television and bean bags for sitting, toys (little ones will love the rocking horse!).
- Bedroom with pretty ornate super-king size bed, occasional chair, wardrobe and chest of drawers for clothes storage. A glass door provides lovely views over the countryside. Wake up and have a bubble before everyone else awakes!
- Shower room with WC, heated towel rail and hand basin.
- Double bedroom with window at the end of the bed allowing you to enjoy your morning tea whilst soaking up the lovely views. There is a television on the wall next to the window (with DVD player) and chest of drawers.
- Twin bedroom with a light and cheerful feel including a wardrobe with plenty of space for clothes.
- Family bathroom with shower above the bath, WC and wash basin.
Outside: At the back of Coachmans Cottage is a decking area - the perfect place to enjoy a sundowner. The lawn area beyond provides a great place for kids to let off steam with plenty of quiet places to relax and enjoy the sunshine. Barbecues can be enjoyed on the patio (garden furniture provided).
Additional information: Up to two dogs welcome (charged at £30 per dog). Prices include heating, linen, electricity and towels. Wi-Fi internet access. Cot and stair gate provided. Short breaks available out of peak season. Hot tub available at an additional charge of £100 for weekly bookings and £75 for short breaks.
Low Season from £495
Mid Season from £669
High Season from £595
Peak Season £1095
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Saturday
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (1 Ground Floor Double, 1 Double, 1 Twin)
Owner: Amanda Tassell (Bkgs Officer), click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Coachmans Cottage joined Independent Cottages in June 2016