Goodies Farmhouse - Firbank, Sedbergh, Nr Lake District, Cumbria, England - Sleeps 6
Goodies is a gorgeous five star luxury farmhouse, sleeping up to six guests, overlooking the Howgill Fells in Cumbria. The property is equal distance from Kendal, Sedbergh and Kirkby Lonsdale and is surrounded by spectacular countryside.
One of the greatest pleasures of staying at Goodies is being able to set off by foot from the front door and explore the area. There are wonderful walks to enjoy, with something to suit all energy levels, from a gentle stroll along the river to a more challenging hike up into the high fells.
The surrounding mountain scenery is beautiful, with meadows, woods, fells and a rushing river. Wild flowers flourish and the area is rich in wildlife with deer, otters, peregrines, badgers and many rare birds.
The attractive market town of Sedbergh, in the Yorkshire Dales is nearby and is full of character with its historic houses and quaint narrow streets. Recently becoming one of England's ʻbook towns', Sedbergh offers interesting places to browse including several antique shops. The pretty Cumbrian village of Dent is also nearby, with cobbled streets, traditional pubs and interesting art galleries. A visit to Kirkby Lonsdale is a must! Touristy but unspoilt, this beautiful, little market town has excellent places to eat, fascinating shops, an ancient church and lovely river-side walks.
For those who want to use Goodies Farmhouse as a base from which to explore the area and its varied attractions, you will not be disappointed. The many activities of the Lake District are within easy reach including: visiting Wordsworth’s Grasmere or Beatrice Potter’s House near Hawkshead; lake sailing on Ullswater; family adventures in Grisedale Forest, or climbing up Cat Bells by beautiful Derwentwater, to name just a few!
If you are looking for an idyllic, peaceful retreat with glorious views, away from the bustling crowds, then Goodies Farmhouse, with its wonderful tranquillity, is sure to delight.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Garden/Outside Area
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
Goodies Farmhouse Continued
Goodies Farmhouse is simply gorgeous and full of character and warmth. It is a delightful 17th century farmhouse that sits in an enviable position in a beautiful wooded valley with views over the Howgill Fells.
Recently restored to a luxurious and very high standard, and achieving a 5 star grading from Visit Britain, Goodies has a magical atmosphere and, sitting in almost an acre of garden and private woodland, is a perfect retreat for those seeking peace and tranquillity. The most discerning of guests will be impressed with the beautiful interior, high quality fixtures and fittings and attention to detail, all ensuring modern conveniences are perfectly combined with the relaxed and cosy atmosphere of this character farmhouse.
- Beautiful lounge with open fire for coal and logs, original oak beams, oak floor with rugs, two and three seater sofas and armchair with Liberty covers, forty two inch television, DVD player, video, piano and lamps and wall lights to provide soft lighting.
- Off the lounge is the dining area providing an elegant place to enjoy supper with splendid oak table that dates back to the 16th century which can seat eight on beautiful oak chairs.
- Conservatory with the most incredible views over the rolling landscape and mountains; a truly exceptional place, providing the perfect haven to enjoy some peace, quiet and privacy with comfy sofas allowing guests to fully absorb the beauty and atmosphere. There is a terrace for alfresco dining with table and chairs and wonderful mountain views.
- Fully fitted kitchen with a farmhouse feel with granite worktops, double oven (electric), Gas hob, dishwasher, fridge, wood burning stove set in the inglenook, small table and chairs (ideal for breakfast), oak beams and plenty of crockery, glasses, pans, utensils and equipment.
- Utility room with microwave, another fridge, washing machine and a large freezer.
- Old oak staircase leading up to....
- Twin bedroom with two single beds and a little television.
- King-size bedroom with lovely carved bed.
- Master king-size bedroom with en-suite shower room and beautiful views to wake up to.
- House bathroom with bath, shower, WC and wash basin.
Additional information: Central heating, electricity, gas, coal, logs and kindling are all provided, along with luxurious bed linen and towels. There are no extra charges. No smoking in the farmhouse. A pretty cottage, which sleeps two, is adjacent to Goodies Farmhouse, each property having its own private garden (which is not overlooked by the other) and with no shared parking, access or garden areas. See below: Bluebell Cottage for more details.
Low Season from £995
Mid Season from £1250
High Season from £1450
Peak Season £1650
Star Rating: 5 Star
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Changeover Day: Saturday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (1 Twin & 2 Kings)
Owner: Alexandra Stephenson, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Goodies Farmhouse joined Independent Cottages in Nov 2011
Owner's Other Properties
23 - 30 Sept £995 reduced from £1450
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 17th September 2017