Swan House - Winson, Nr Bibury, Gloucestershire, The Cotswolds, England - Sleeps 12
This magnificent 17th century Grade II listed country house provides luxury self catering holiday accommodation within Gloucestershire. It has six beautiful bedrooms accommodating up to twelve guests with the master bedroom having a four-poster bed.
Set in a secluded location within two acres of private, beautifully maintained gardens with river frontage and trout lake, it is hard to imagine anywhere nicer to spend a relaxing family holiday or gathering of friends.
Conveniently located in the heart of the Cotswolds within an Area of Outstanding National Beauty, Swan house is located in the village of Winson near to Bibury, Burford, Stow-in-the-Wold and Cirencester. Cirencester offers a superb selection of eating establishments, shops to browse (including antique shops), supermarkets, regular Farmers' Market and the Corinium Museum famed for its Roman mosaics.
Bibury, is about two miles away and was once described as 'the most beautiful village in England' by artist William Morris, which many people would still agree with today. The village offers a choice of places to enjoy a meal out at the local pub (Catherine Wheel), the Swan Hotel or Bibury Court Hotel beside the river. The New Inn at Coln St Aldwyns is also worth a visit after a lovely walk along the river.
Other local attractions within easy driving distance include:
- Cotswold Water Park, where you can canoe, sail, fish, jet ski or enjoy its inland beach.
- Chedworth with its Roman Villa.
- Cotswold Wildlife Park on the outskirts of picturesque Burford.
- Birdland in Bourton-on-the-Water (also known as the 'little Venice of the Cotswolds).
- Batsford Arboretum and Birds of Prey centre.
- Hidcote Manor (National Trust)
- Westonbirt Arboretum.
- The Roman City of Bath and Stratford upon Avon, the birthplace of William Shakespeare - both a little further away but close enough for day trips.
Also nearby is the famous Barnsley House Hotel for those looking for some fine dining and opposite the road is the village pub which serves excellent food.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Waterside Location
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Fishing Onsite
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Swan House Continued
Swan House dates from the middle of the 17th century and is sumptuously furnished, sleeping up to twelve guests in six bedrooms (with five bathrooms). The house offers a luxurious retreat nicely ticked away along a quiet no-through village road and nestles amongst two acres of beautifully presented and maintained gardens where you can relax during the warmer months and enjoy a picnic by the river or lake.
Winson is the most exclusive village within the highly desirable Coln Valley - a perfect setting for such an impressive luxurious retreat.
- Magnificent large thirty six foot drawing room with a grand piano, lovely log burning fire and extensive views over the gardens and lake.
- Large hall / sitting room.
- Formal dining room for enjoying a celebratory meal with log burning fire adding to the atmosphere.
- Fully equipped Miele kitchen with five ovens (including a three oven Aga, combination microwave/oven, and catering oven), two dishwashers, full height fridge, full height freezer and separate wine cooler.
- Laundry/boot room where you can store coats etc.
- Five luxurious bathrooms which are all fitted to an exceptionally high standard including marble, baths, showers, wash basins and WC's.
- Three king-size bedrooms (the master bedroom affording a lovely four-poster bed!).
- Two twin bedrooms.
- One double bedroom.
Outside: The gardens provide plenty of space to relax in the summer months and an idyllic setting with a wild garden, orchard, spring-fed lake, formal herbaceous borders and a spacious terrace with gas BBQ and outdoor furniture for alfresco dining. A hammock provides the perfect place for relaxing and listening to the river trickle by and is guaranteed to diminish stress! For those who enjoy walking, there are plenty of walks to enjoy locally which include a pub or alternatively explore the area by bike (bicycles are available). Fishing rods for fly fishing are also provided for use on the lake.
Additional information: All bedrooms are beautifully appointed and most rooms have lovely views of the village or garden. The house is exceptionally well equipped including a large flat-screen TV, DVD /CD player, iPod docking and a good selection of board games for some good old fashioned entertainment. Prices are inclusive of heating, towels, bed linen, water, logs, welcome hamper and welcome toiletries. Regrettably hen or stag parties and pets can not be accommodated. Because of the river and lake, parents of young children must be aware of the need to supervise them in the garden at all times.
Low Season from £2750
Mid Season from £3000
High Season from £3250
Peak Season £3250
Star Rating: 5 Star
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 12 people in 6 bedrooms (3 Kings, 2 Twins, 1 Double)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: Yes
Owner: Mike & Patricia Langley, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Swan House joined Independent Cottages in Dec 2007
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 1st May 2017