Stonecutters Cottage - Nailsworth, Gloucestershire, The Cotswolds, England - Sleeps 5
Stonecutters Cottage sleeps five guests and is situated on a quiet lane with delightful views across the valley. Sensitively restored, it provides comfortable self-catering accommodation with a contemporary twist whilst still retaining original character with its wooden beams, exposed stone and thick walls. Central heating and a gas fired woodstove make for a cosy amd snug interior all year round. Wi-Fi is also included.
Less busy than some of the Cotswold honeypots, the cottage sits in the Five Valleys which has a rugged beauty with high commons, secret valleys dotted with stone cottages, unspoilt villages, market towns and breathtaking views all around. Here you can walk freely over large expanses of protected National Trust land and explore the unspoilt villages and market towns and countryside by foot. The area is a walkers’ paradise with an abundance of footpaths that criss-cross the valleys allowing you to enjoy country walks from the front door.
There are plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy locally such as golf on the common (try to avoid the cows grazing the greens!), mountain biking, horse riding, cycling and gliding. Why not enjoy the excitement of Cheltenham Racecourse or visit one of the many attractions including the WW Trust reserve at Slimbridge, Westonbirt Arboretum, The Gloucestershire Warwickshire railway, Adam Henson's Cotswold Farm Park and Gloucester historic Docks.
Nailsworth is just a ten minute walk away and is a small, vibrant town with a good selection of independent shops, supermarket, three pubs and several good restaurants. There are also plenty of other great places to eat, in and around the area, where you can sample the local produce including Gloucester Old Spot bacon, ale brewed in Stroud and Uley Breweries, Winstones ice cream, Woefuldane cheese and bread from artisan bakers.
With Bath and Bristol within easy reach and under an hour by car, you will not be short of things to do!
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Games Room
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
Stonecutters Cottage Continued
- Lobby area where you can store coats, muddy boots etc. This leads into...
- Living room with comfy leather sofa, easy chairs, gas-fired log 'effect' burner, television, DVD and CD player.
- Kitchen with dishwasher, Gas hob, eye level oven, fridge, washing machine, microwave and a dining area with large French doors that let the outside in and take you out to the garden - the perfect place for a glass of wine on a sunny day.
- Stairs lead from the living room take you up to...
- Double bedroom, good in size with lovely valley views, exposed stone wall and fitted wardrobe.
- Pretty single bedroom which looks over the garden.
- Bathroom with separate shower, wash basin, WC, bath and under floor heating.
- A steep spiral stair (traditional feature of a Cotswold cottage) takes you up to...
- Large attic double bedroom with sloping ceilings, wooden beams and windows overlooking the garden and fields beyond (please note there is restricted ceiling height at 1.9 metres).
Outside: There is a terrace at the top of the garden providing a perfect place for alfresco dining, along with a heated garden room with folding glass doors which is used as the games room where you can enjoy a game of snooker, darts or table football. Garden furniture and barbecue are provided. Off-road parking for one vehicle with additional street-side parking available.
Additional information: All bedrooms have hanging space, good clothes storage and quality cotton bed linen. Towels provided. No smoking. Pets welcome.
Low Season from £450
Mid Season from £550
High Season from £700
Peak Season £900
Star Rating: 4 Star 4
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 5 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Doubles & 1 Single)
Owner: Steve & Helen Beioley, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Stonecutters Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Jan 2013
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 3rd September 2017