Rundle - Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, The Cotswolds, England - Sleeps 4+1
Rundle Cottage is a delightful Cotswold stone cottage that accommodates up to five guests (although it best suits four given the living space on the ground floor). Beautifully presented with an open fire for the winter months and a large garden with courtyard for alfresco dining and lawn area for relaxing in the warmer weather, the cottage is an ideal retreat for friends, families and also couples who enjoy a little extra space.
Perfectly blending traditional character with modern conveniences, guests can enjoy the charm of beams and Cotswold stonework, alongside amenities including flat screen televisions, Wi-Fi internet access, iPod docking and basic Sky package to ensure a high level of comfort and enjoyment.
Chipping Campden is a 'jewel in the Cotswolds crown' and one of the most photographed of all the towns in this picturesque Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. A fine medieval town with immense historic charm, its high street is lined with magnificent honey coloured properties that the Cotswolds is so famed for, housing a host of tempting pubs, cafes and restaurants, along with interesting shops to browse.
The local area and countryside provides superb opportunities for those who enjoy cycling and walking with miles of paths and tracks, along with little lanes allowing you to explore the pretty villages, each with a unique charm and many with fantastic pubs for refreshment.
Chipping Campden is very well placed for exploring the many attractions of the Cotswolds and is within easy driving distance of Broadway, the historic market town of Stow-on-the-Wold and Moreton in Marsh with its weekly market to name just a few. It is also an ideal central base from which to explore the wider area with great days out to be had in Cheltenham, Blenheim Palace (Woodstock), Oxford, Stratford-upon-Avon (the birthplace of Shakespeare), Warwick Castle and even the Roman City of Bath to name just a few. There are ancient towns full of history and spectacular architecture and quintessentially English villages just waiting to be explored!
With so many amenities on the doorstep, attractions within easy reach and plenty of outside space to relax during the summer months, Rundle Cottage is an ideal retreat for a summer holiday and also a winter break - a perfect base from which to explore the Cotswolds.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Golf Nearby
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
- Sitting/Dining area with immense appeal having exposed stone walls, tiled floor with rugs and beams on the ceiling. The dining area with antique table and chairs provides a cosy place to chat about the days adventures over supper and when you have finished you can relax in front of the open fire (logs provided) in the sitting area with comfy seating (including window seat), flat screen television, DVD player and iPod docking. The two areas are divided by a glass screen.
- Bright and characterful galley style kitchen with exposed stone walls, painted beamed ceiling, plenty of cupboards, Stoves cooker with Gas hob on the top and electric oven, tall fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave and washer/dryer. The kitchen has access into both the dining and sitting areas.
- Double bedroom with dressing table, bedside tables, hanging space and Freeview flat screen television with DVD player, along with en-suite shower room with wash basin, WC and heated towel rail.
- Second double bedroom with bedside cupboards, wardrobe and Freeview flat screen television with DVD player. An exposed stone wall adds to the charm and traditional character of this room.
- Single bedroom with unit beside the bed and wardrobe which has a draw. This room also has a flat screen television with DVD player.
- Bathroom with wash basin, WC and bath with hand-held shower attachment.
Outside: The Cottage affords plenty of outside space with an enclosed courtyard including outdoor furniture (and log store) for alfresco dining accessed via the property, and a lawn area with borders in an elevated position accessed via stone steps. Parking spaces are available outside the cottage by the road-side (no charge or time limit).
Additional information: Short breaks available all year round. Linen and towels provided. Strictly no smoking. Tea, coffee, milk, and a tasty cake await your arrival. Welcome hampers, champagne and flowers are available by arrangement. Horse riding, wine tasting, golf, clay pigeon shooting, historical tours, beauty therapy/treatments and a personal trainer can be arranged. No smoking and unfortunately no pets. High chair and cot available.
Low Season from £575
Mid Season from £625
High Season from £695
Peak Season £795
Changeover Day: Flexible
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4+1 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Doubles & 1 Single)
Owner: Andy & Sarah Smith, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Rundle joined Independent Cottages in April 2015
Owner's Other Properties
Bookings now being taken for August! The cottage is fully booked until T
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 18th August 2017