Park Cottage - Stow-on-the-Wold, Gloucestershire, The Cotswolds, England - Sleeps 6
Park Cottage is a delightful stone built Victorian holiday cottage that provides luxurious holiday accommodation for up to six guests in three double bedrooms. It has been sympathetically renovated whilst retaining its Cotswold charm and is located in the popular market town of Stow on the Wold - a fantastic retreat for a short break or longer holiday.
The cottage has a large Fired Earth wet room, separate dining room, gorgeous kitchen with a range cooker with which to cook your delicious suppers, Gas central heating and an open fire, making it ideal all year round. It is furnished and decorated to a very high standard of comfort and style throughout with Farrow and Ball paint, lovely fabrics, quality mattresses on the beds and sisal carpet.
Stow on the Wold, is a fine example of a small English Market Town and still has its Market Cross in the centre of the square. It is surrounded by spectacular countryside, making both driving and walking a pleasure. Steeped in history, the old Stocks can still be seen on the green, dating back to the 15th century and The Wells in Well Lane which once supplied the water for the town from underground springs are still used today.
There are some fine examples of architecture in the square with buildings dating back as far as the 10th century, now home to antique shops, old bookshops, art Galleries, a beautician, interior design and independent fashion shops. There are a great selection of places to eat with gastro pubs, restaurants, inns, tea rooms, coffee houses and take-aways. You can also buy all your provisions locally with the town having a fantastic family butcher, Co-op convenience store, two superb deli's, specialist wine shop, bakers, chemist, Tesco's and even a luxury chocolate shop - all within walking distance.
With everything on your doorstep, this is the perfect place to simply park the car and relax or use as a base for exploring the many delights that the Cotswolds has to offer.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Park Cottage Continued
- Entrance porch where you can leave coats and wellies.
- Warm and stylish sitting room with two large sofas, coffee table, chest of drawers, good size Freeview television, DVD player, hifi with an iPod docking station and stone fireplace with an open fire which is cosy in the winter months.
- Lovely sunny dining room which leads off the sitting room and has French glazed doors leading out to the enclosed courtyard. There is a large table to seat six guests and a dresser. The staircase is also situated in the dining room and you access the kitchen from the dining area.
- Delightful kitchen with cream units, granite work tops, range cooker, microwave and dishwasher.
- Enclosed courtyard accessed from the French doors in the dining room with external lighting - perfect for alfresco dining!
- Adjacent to the kitchen is an area where the washing machine is housed and the fridge/freezer. Also in this area is the downstairs cloak room.
- Bedroom three is a light and pretty bedroom located downstairs with 5 ft bed, double wardrobe and chest of drawers.
- Bedroom two is a pretty upstairs bedroom with a 4'6 cast iron ivory bed. The shower room is situated next to this room.
- Master bedroom with bathroom - This sumptuous bedroom is a generous size with five foot cast iron bed, fireplace (purely decorative) and en-suite bathroom containing a bath and a large wash basin. There is a flat screen television mounted to the wall with a free view box.
- Beautifully designed shower room which includes an unusual round sink made of stone, mixer tap, large heated mirror behind and heated towel rail.
Additional information: Prices include all Gas (central heating) and electricity. Guest towels and bedding are provided. Weekend breaks are available. Children over twelve considered but please check with Lizzie prior to booking. Unfortunately no dogs and no smoking. Wireless internet access provided. The pillows and duvets are all feather but please let the owners know if you have an allergy.
Low Season from £560
Mid Season from £675
High Season from £850
Peak Season £1000
Children: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (3 Doubles)
Owner: Lizzie Davis, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Park Cottage joined Independent Cottages in May 2007
Owner's Other Properties
Come and have a spring break! We have some great offers!
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 19th July 2017