Ostlers Cottage - Mickleton, Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, The Cotswolds, England - Sleeps 4
Ostler's Cottage is a new conversion done in a traditional style. Once a farm building, it is now part of a small residential development set around a quiet courtyard. Original features, like honey-coloured Cotswold stone and exposed beams, sit gently alongside contemporary comforts to provide an exceptional holiday home that is ideal for families and couples.
Mickleton is a wonderful Cotswold village with a good range of amenities. The cottage is a two-minute walk from two great pubs, The Kings Arms and The Butchers Arms, and less than five minutes’ walking distance from the village shop, post office, and local store. You have easy access to everything you need, with further stores, a larger supermarket and bank being just three miles away in Chipping Campden.
Part of Mickleton is in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, while the rest lies near the Vale of Evesham. A stroll around the village highlights the proximity to the Worcestershire border with houses made of Cotswold stone sitting alongside the half-timbered thatched buildings popular with its northern neighbours in Stratford-on-Avon.
Overlooked by Meon Hill and surrounded by stunning Gloucestershire countryside, it is a fantastic place from which to explore this beautiful part of Central England. If you only have time for one walk, there is an excellent 7.5-mile route along the Heart of England Way that begins at St Lawrence’s Church and takes you through beautiful North Gloucestershire scenery to Hidcote Manor and Gardens.
It is a fantastic area for horse riding. The property's owners run a stable and livery and, in addition to being able to stable your horse, are happy to give you as much information as you need to make the most of your time in the saddle.
Although you can drive to Chipping Campden in under ten minutes, it is also possible to cycle it in 20 minutes or walk there in an hour, though be aware that the lovely downhill slope going there turns into a fairly steep climb on the return trip! The best time to go is on a weekday morning when the coach loads of tourists are yet to arrive and you can enjoy its wonderful buildings to yourself. It is great for shopping with lots of lovely independent boutiques and gift shops to browse.
A walk to Dover’s Hill or Broadway Tower will stretch your legs and give you the opportunity to build an appetite for a meal in one of the town’s numerous cafes and pubs. The 100-mile Cotswold Way runs through the town, and you can pick up more information about local walks from the Tourist Information Centre in The Old Police Station on the High Street.
Venture further afield for an easy trip to Stratford-Upon-Avon (again, weekday mornings are the best time to visit), or shop ‘til you drop in Cheltenham. For a lovely day out, head south to Stow-on-the-Wold followed by Bourton-on-the-Water and if you get time, the picturesque 'Slaughters'. When you stay at Ostler's Cottage, no Cotswold attraction is out of reach.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Stables/Livery Onsite
Ostlers Cottage Continued
Ostler's Cottage has been recently refurbished to an exceptionally high standard with modern conveniences being seamlessly integrated without losing the property's original country character. Most of the rooms are painted white to add to the fresh feel and make the most of original features.
- Enter into a spacious tiled hallway where you can store muddy walking boots.
- A cloakroom with WC and hand basin also houses the washing machine, iron and ironing board.
- A cosy sitting/dining room with exposed beams is furnished with comfortable sofas set around a log burning stove. Logs are included in the price and there is a store of them just outside the front door. There is a smart television with DVD player.
- French doors open onto the garden and allow the natural light to flood in.
- A lovely oak dining table easily seats four, with a matching sideboard, which houses a range of family-friendly games, providing more room for setting out dishes for larger meals.
- The Shaker-style fitted kitchen houses all mod-cons including a dishwasher, electric hob and oven, cooking equipment and utensils, and plates, glasses and cutlery for four. A basic supply of cleaning equipment is provided, as are some basic cooking ingredients and fresh milk.
- Fresh flowers and a homemade cake make a thoughtful welcome from the owners.
Upstairs: Two bedrooms sleep four guests in comfort, each with its own ensuite shower room.
- Bedroom one features a painted oak king-size bed, bedside tables with reading lamps and ample storage. The large window has views over the garden, and plantation shutters to keep the morning sunlight out so you can sleep as long as you like. The bed is made with good-quality Egyptian cotton bed linen.
- The luxurious shower room is fully tiled and includes a large shower, hand basin, WC, heated towel rail, shaver point, and large mirrors. Large fluffy towels and a bathmat are provided.
- Bedroom two has an antique style double bed and is decorated in a soft shade of eau de nil to promote a restful sleep. The room has a similar view to the master bedroom framed with plantation shutters, and the bed is made with Egyptian cotton linen and hypoallergenic pillows.
- Bedroom two's ensuite is fully tiled with a corner shower, hand basin, WC, heated towel rail, towels and bathmat, and shaver point.
Outside: A private south-west facing courtyard garden at the front of the property provides a peaceful place to sit with a book and a drink, or to enjoy using the barbeque for which charcoal is provided. The owner has planted herbs in pots around the garden and guests are welcome to use these during their stay. There is designated parking for two cars.
Additional information: Up to two small, well behaved dogs are allowed for an additional charge. DIY livery available from April to October depending on availability. WiFi is available throughout the property.
Low Season from £440
Mid Season from £495
High Season from £625
Peak Season £695
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Double)
Owner: Keith Walby, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Ostlers Cottage joined Independent Cottages in May 2017
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 19th August 2017