Kate's Cottage - Stow-on-the-Wold, Gloucestershire, The Cotswolds, England - Sleeps 4
Kate’s cottage sleeps four guests and is an idyllic Cotswold stone detached holiday cottage that is just a two minute stroll from the heart of the historic market town of Stow-on-the-Wold. With private parking, the cottage has two bedrooms and a fully equipped kitchen / diner and sitting room with log burner on the second floor, allowing guests to take advantage of the lovely views across the Historic Wells.
A galleried hall with flagstone floor and oak beams, oak doors with iron latches, Laura Ashley décor and lovely coordinated soft furnishings add to the charm of this cottage and ensure a relaxed and comfortable stay.
Named after the owner's little girl Kate, this lovely holiday cottage was built by her father who builds traditional Cotswold homes. The perfect location makes it an ideal base for exploring the beautiful countryside.
The area is popular for its scenic walks and cycling routes, along with sporting/art festivals, independent little boutiques, restaurants, art galleries and coffee shops, making it a truly great place to visit at any time of the year.
Stow is surrounded by pretty villages including Oddington, Broadwell, The Slaughters and Bourton-on-the-Water which are all within walking distance (for keen walkers!).
Chipping Norton and Moreton-in-Marsh are approximately ten minutes away by car and the pretty village of Chipping Campden and Burford are twenty minutes. Stratford upon Avon and Cheltenham are around a forty five minute drive making the cottage well placed for the races, literature festivals and cricket. Oxford is approximately one hour and Bath around an hour and a half by car.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
Kate's Cottage Continued
- Galleried hall with flagstone floor and oak beams. All doors within the cottage are oak with iron latches.
- Pretty bathroom with shower over bath, oak vanity cupboard with wash basin and WC.
- Beautiful Laura Ashley bedroom with double iron bedstead, side tables with lamps and coordinated chest of draws complimented by crisp cream linen and towels.
- King-size bedroom with matching dark wood wardrobe, chest of drawers and side cabinets. Laura Ashley wallpaper and lovely coordinated roman blinds compliment the dark wood to provide a relaxed and warm feel.
- A large oak desk sits at the top of the gallery with seating to read or work if needed!
- Well equipped kitchen with table and seating for four, dishwasher, electric cooker and hob, microwave oven, washer/dryer, large Belfast sink, fridge/freezer and all the cutlery, crockery and kitchenware required to prepare a special supper.
- Spacious living area with beamed ceiling, wood burner, comfy corner sofa, table, flat screen Freeview television, CD player and free Wi-Fi internet access.
Outside: There is a private, walled courtyard garden with patio furniture providing a pleasant place to sit and enjoy a glass of wine or meal.
Additional information: Prices includes towels, linen, electricity, heating and a welcome basket of logs to get your first fire going (during Winter months). Guests have free Wi-Fi access. Initial consumables are provided including toilet rolls and cleaning products. The owners would be delighted to discuss their competitive rates for short breaks, longer stays or bed and breakfast with continental breakfast provided (dependant on availability). The cottage is child friendly and anything you require i.e. high-chair, cot etc. can be provided upon request.
Access by public transport: Heathrow Airport is under two hours and Birmingham Airport is under an hour. A regular train service runs from London Paddington to Kingham or Moreton-in-Marsh where you can easily get a taxi (from Moreton to Stow) which takes ten to fifteen minutes.
Low Season from £425
Mid Season from £525
High Season from £565
Peak Season £650
Changeover Day: Flexible
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (1 King & 1 Double/Twin)
Owner: Nicola Charlesworth, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Kate's Cottage joined Independent Cottages in July 2012
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 22nd August 2017
Approximate Location of Kate's Cottage
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book