Tregenza - St Neot, Nr. Liskeard, South Cornwall, England - Sleeps 4+2
Tregenza is surrounded by beautiful Cornish countryside and is situated on the southern edge of Bodmin moor in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. It is located in the parish of St Neot next to Golitha Falls Nature Reserve on South Draynes Farm which is no longer a working farm and today offers luxurious holiday accommodation.
Within easy reach of both coastlines with their sandy beaches and close to many of Cornwall and Devon's attractions, Tregenza is ideal for anyone wanting a beach or walking holiday and is also a perfect place for simply relaxing amongst beautiful countryside. The area offers numerous places of interest including The Eden Project, The Lost Gardens of Heligan, Jamaica Inn and Dozmary Pool (which according to legend is the last resting place for King Arthur's sword Excalibur).
St Neot was the winner of the prestigious award 'Village of the year in England and Wales 2004' and in September 2006 it won 'Village of the Decade'! The village offers a lovely old beamed pub, a tea room, pottery, post office and a church that is famous all over the world for its 15th and 16th century stained glass windows. Just across the field from Tregenza is Golitha Falls Nature Reserve, originally part of the farm and today owned by English Nature and free for the general public to enjoy. It is a beautiful place for taking a quiet stroll along side the River Fowey and is particularly pretty during the spring months with bluebells growing under the trees in the ancient wood.
There are many wonderful walks from Tregenza with public footpaths offering breathtaking views across meadows, woods, valleys, rolling fields, Siblyback reservoir, the Cheesewring and even the coast at Looe.
Nature lovers can enjoy primroses, foxgloves, bluebells and pink campions that carpet the side of the roads during spring and summer months. Buzzards hover above and swallows visit to nest. In autumn Canadian geese can be seen migrating south for the winter and at night the sky is so clear you can study the beauty of the stars.
Whatever you are looking for, Treganza is sure to provide a wonderful base for exploring this beautiful area.
- Internet Access
- Hot Tub
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
Tregenza has been furnished to a high degree of comfort and style. The farm is set back on a quiet lane and has several acres of grounds where children have got space to let of steam and play football, badminton or even flying a kite!
Accommodation and facilities comprise:
- Enter via French doors and come into...
- Large double aspect open plan living area. Recessed to one side is the modern well equipped oak fitted kitchen and dining area with solid light oak furniture. The sitting area has comfortable sofas laden with cushions, flowers, soft lighting, books/games and original art work on the walls.
- Through a door there is a lobby with a door to the utility room housing a freezer, washer/dryer, ironing board etc and also stairs up to the two double bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Both double aspect bedrooms are spacious with patios doors to large decked balconies. From the balconies fantastic views can be enjoyed towards sea at Looe, St Austell and Dartmoor. The main bedroom is a particularly sunny room with a good sized en suite shower room.
- There is also a large fully tiled family bathroom (with shower over the bath).
- Private garden with furniture and BBQ.
- Large hot tub that can be used all year round, seating up to seven in a separate fenced decking area just outside the garden.
Additional information: Full central heating and double glazing. All electricity and fuel is included in the price. Facilities include: widescreen Freeview TV, DVD and CD player, food processor, microwave, Wi-Fi internet access, and many other things to ensure your holiday is a comfortable one.
Low Season from £355
Peak Season £895
Star Rating: 4 Star
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4+2 people in 2 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Twin, sofa bed)
Owner: Deborah Abbott, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Tregenza joined Independent Cottages in Sep 2007
We no longer have a sofabed, so can only accomm 4 (+ 1on z bed - £35 per week extra) Cot available free of charge . Children under 2 free. Full details are on our website, www.southdraynesfarm.co.uk
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 18th September 2017