The Falmouth Apartment - Falmouth, South Cornwall, England - Sleeps 4
The Falmouth Apartment is an attractive Four Star holiday home sleeping up to four guests in two bedrooms. Families and couples appreciate the ease of the layout, which is all on the ground floor and has direct access to a patio and communal gardens. The apartment is in a small block in a mainly residential area and is pleasantly quiet for such a central location. Castle Beach is just a five minute walk away, as is the 5 Degrees West - a favourite bar and restaurant for locals and visitors.
You can walk to supermarkets, pubs and attractions like the Seafront Promenade and the National Maritime Museum. Falmouth train station is a short walk away and a regular bus shuttle service runs close by, making The Falmouth Apartment a good choice for those who do not want to spend their holiday driving.
Falmouth is a fantastic town with a rich maritime history and a lively atmosphere. There is always something unique and interesting to see, especially during summer. Attractions in addition to the excellent National Maritime Museum include the Falmouth Lifeboat station, or jump aboard one of the ferries or pleasure boats that will take you up the River Fal, down the Helford River, or across to St Mawes.
Climb the 111 steps of Jacob’s ladder, take in an exhibition of local talent at Falmouth Art Gallery, admire the medieval windows in the Church of King Charles the Martyr, make time for a proper Cornish cream tea in one of the town’s excellent establishments, soak up the history with a stroll along Arwenack Street, and marvel at the might of Henry VIII’s strength at Pendennis Castle.
If you love fish, there are several great chippies to try while you are here. The best known is Rick Stein’s restaurant and takeaway at Discovery Quay, but you will find it hard to beat the freshness of the fish and deliciousness of the chips at the award-winning Harbour Lights which is within walking distance of the apartment, or try The Old Hill Fish and Chip Shop at the north end of town.
One of the best reasons to base yourself in Falmouth is its proximity to so many beautiful beaches which include Gyllyngvase Beach, Castle Beach, Maenporth Beach, and Swanpool Beach. Heat loving plants flourish in Cornwall’s climate and there are a number of lovely gardens to explore such as Gyllyngdune Gardens, Fox Rosehill Gardens, and Trebah Gardens. You can also enjoy the great outdoors by fishing, diving, cycling, or walking along the coastal footpaths and taking in the magnificent views.
Within an hour’s drive of Falmouth you can visit Truro, the Lizard Peninsula, Penzance and the Minack Open Air Theatre, The Lost Gardens of Heligan in St Austell, the Geevor Tin Mine on the Penwith Heritage Coast, and discover countless beautiful beaches, coves and bays.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Kingsize Bed
- Accessible via Public Transport
The Falmouth Apartment Continued
The Falmouth Apartment offers very comfortable accommodation for up to four guests on the ground floor of a small apartment building.
- A private entrance leads into a hallway with space for bags and shoes.
- The large elegantly furnished living/dining room has cream leather sofas, a flatscreen television with satellite channels and DVD player, and a glass dining room table with chairs for four people.
- French doors lead onto a paved patio area and communal garden. The room is dual aspect to make the most of the natural light.
- A spacious family kitchen is very well equipped with a large oven and gas hob, dishwasher, washer/dryer, microwave, all necessary crockery and cutlery for four guests, kettle, toaster, and cooking equipment. There is some basic cleaning equipment and a small selection of non-perishable ingredients.
- The master bedroom is light and airy, with a king-sized bed, built in wardrobes with mirrored doors, bedside tables and reading lights.
- An ensuite shower room adds to the comfort of the master bedroom. It features a walk in shower, hand basin, WC and heated towel rail.
- The second bedroom is furnished with two full-sized single beds and decorated in calming neutral tones. Two bedside tables and a large chest of drawers provide ample storage.
- A family bathroom includes a large bath with shower above, hand basin, WC and heated towel rail.
Outside: Guests are welcome to use the property's communal gardens. There is private off-street parking for one car.
Additional Information: The price includes towels (not beach towels), bed linen, WiFi and utilities. There is gas central heating and double glazing throughout. Falmouth Docks train station is a 3-minute walk from the apartment, and there is a regular bus service from the stop nearby.
Low Season from £380
Mid Season from £495
High Season from £665
Peak Season £950
Star Rating: 4 Star
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Twin)
Owner: Ann Doidge, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Falmouth Apartment joined Independent Cottages in May 2017
Owner's Other Properties
I can report the problem with the internet has now been corrected and it is working normally.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 20th September 2017