Stable Barn - Drakewalls, Gunnislake, Cornwall, England - Sleeps 8
Stable Barn is a spacious recently converted barn with wooden floors throughout and on the first floor each room has characterful, vaulted, beamed ceilings. Each of the four bedrooms has the added luxury of an en-suite making it easy for large groups and families to get out in the mornings. The contemporary style sitting room has two sets of French doors leading out to a private, sunny south facing courtyard garden.
Stable Barn is in the small village of Drakewalls situated in the beautiful Tamar Valley, with its many countryside walks. The barn is just a short walk away from a popular pub/ restaurant and there is a convenience store, fish and chip shop, garage and railway station (one of the most scenic railway branch lines) just a five minute walk away. The village of Gunnislake with a choice of pubs/ restaurants is less than a mile away. It is within easy reach of Kit Hill Country Park, Bodmin Moor and Dartmoor, making it ideal for those who enjoy walking. Close by, there is The Tamar Valley Donkey Park and Play Barn, Cotehele House and Mill, Calstock Quay and the River Tamar at Gunnislake. The picturesque town of Tavistock, on the edge of Dartmoor, with its many restaurants, cafés and pubs is four miles away and Plymouth with its famous Hoe is accessible both by train and car.
Being centrally located allows access to both the South Coast of Cornwall with its lovely quaint fishing villages of Polperro and Looe and the North Coast with its expanse of sandy surfing beaches such as Bude and Newquay.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Kingsize Bed
- Accessible via Public Transport
Stable Barn Continued
Accommodation can sleep eight guests plus cot in four en-suite bedrooms and comprises of:
- A good sized, well equipped oak kitchen with a Belling Country Chef double sized gas cooker, microwave, fridge freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, clothes iron and toaster. In the dining area of the kitchen there is a table with six chairs.
- A large sitting room with two sets of French doors leading out to the courtyard garden. In the sitting room there are three sofas, a dining table with six chairs, satellite television with DVD player, Wi-Fi internet and a selection of board games.
- Bedroom four with double bed and en- suite comprising of electric shower, wash basin and WC.
First Floor: There are characterful features in the bedrooms on the first floor with their high vaulted beamed ceilings.
- Large double aspect master bedroom with king sized bed, space for a cot if required and en-suite with bath, wash basin and WC.
- Bedroom to with double bed and en-suite with good sized shower, wash basin and WC.
- Bedroom three with two single beds and en-suite with good sized electric shower, wash basin and WC.
Outside: Small private, fully enclosed courtyard garden with garden furniture, barbecue and rotary washing line.
Additional Information: The barn is fitted with gas central heating. Price includes gas, electricity, water, bed linen, towels and internet. No smoking and no pets. Cot, highchair and stair gate are available on request. At the side of the property there is a driveway with parking for two medium sized cars.
Low Season from £350
Mid Season from £500
High Season from £700
Peak Season £750
Star Rating: 4 Star
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 8 people in 4 bedrooms (3 Doubles, 1 Twin)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Yes
All female groups: Yes
Catering Available: No
Owner: Diane Franz, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Stable Barn joined Independent Cottages in June 2009
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 31st July 2017