Rosebank Cottage - Boscastle, North Cornwall, England - Sleeps 2+2
Rosebank Cottage will charm you from the moment you set eyes on its whitewashed stone walls. The cottage sleeps four guests in two bedrooms and is a favourite with couples and families who appreciate its location between North Cornwall's world famous beaches and beautiful countryside. Whether you want a traditional bucket-and-spade holiday, prefer to spend your days off stretching your legs along the South West Coastal Path, or discovering local artists and tucking into a cream tea on a daily basis, Rosebank Cottage lets you do it all.
Boscastle is in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) with much of the surrounding landscape being expertly managed by the National Trust. It is beautiful whatever time of year you visit, with long sunny summers followed by colourful autumns, and winter's wild seas. An abundance of birds flourish in the area, and it is extremely popular with walkers and nature lovers who enjoy its unspoilt natural beauty.
Boscastle Harbour is a ten-minute walk from the cottage. It has cafes, pubs and a convenience store with cash machine. There is a lovely walk around the harbour, a visitor's centre, and the well-known Museum of Witchcraft and Magic.
Five miles south are the ruins of the medieval fortress of Tintagel - rumoured to be the birthplace of King Arthur, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Part of the ruins are only accessible by a high steep walk that is not for the faint-hearted, but which rewards your efforts with amazing views, and there is a tidal beach where you can see Merlin's Cave. Tintagel village is a treat, as are the nearby coastal gems of Crackington Haven and Port Isaac. Bude and Launceston are two sizeable towns with more amenities, including supermarkets.
As good as the local cafes and independent boutiques are, you don't come to Cornwall to stay indoors. A day at the beach could include exploring the rock pools at Crackington Haven, surfing at Bude or Trebarwith Strand, or discovering the secluded sands of Bossiney Haven that is only accessible on foot at low tide.
There are an enormous choice of walking paths around the coast and throughout the countryside like Valency Valley. You can find information online or at the visitor's information centre in Boscastle. One of the nicest is the circular work from Boscastle to Rocky Valley, which takes in the dramatic cliffs that are a hallmark of the landscape.
You don't have to believe in magic to be bewitched by the beauty of Boscastle and the surrounding area. A stay in Rosebank Cottage will leave you longing to return.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
Rosebank Cottage Continued
Rosebank Cottage is a very old property with many original features including deep window seats and exposed beams. It is furnished with antiques and pieces which reflect the age of the house but which are practical for contemporary guests. The stairs leading up to the bedroom are very steep, and the property is, therefore, unsuitable for those with mobility issues and children under the age of six.
- A comfortable sitting room with seating for four. The sitting room has a multi-fuel stove and features exposed beams and thick stone walls to keep it cool in summer and warm in winter. There is a flat screen television with DVD player and a selection of books.
- The dining area is in the conservatory and enjoys lovely views of the garden. It has a table and chairs for four and a radiator (as well as a panel heater for the winter months) to keep any autumn or winter chill away.
- The kitchen has everything you could want for a self-catering holiday including a hob and oven, microwave, fridge, toaster and cooking equipment. There is plenty of crockery and cutlery for guests, and some basic cleaning equipment is also provided.
- The family bathroom is on the same level. It has a deep bath with shower above, hand basin, radiator with towel rail and WC.
- A flight of steep stairs leads from the living room to the upper floor where there are two bedrooms and a family bathroom.
- The double bedroom is furnished in a style appropriate for the age of the property. It includes a pine bed, chest of drawers with mirror and a wardrobe.
- The twin bedroom has plenty of storage for clothing with a chest of drawers, as well as two full-sized single beds.
Outside: Rosebank Cottage's elevated garden benefits from beautiful views of the surrounding countryside, and there is a wooden bench from which to enjoy them. There is a small slated area outside the back door, with a set of slate steps leading up to the main garden area which backs onto a field. There off-street parking for one car.
Additional information: Central heating and WiFi are available throughout the property, and electricity and a welcome pack of fuel for the wood burner are included in the price. Linen and towels are not supplied in high season unless guests are arriving from overseas, or have made prior arrangement with the owners so please bring your own. No smoking. No pets. Short stays may be possible out of season depending on availability.
Low Season from £230
Mid Season from £390
High Season from £480
Peak Season £535
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 2+2 people in 2 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Twin)
Owner: Jenny Campion, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Rosebank Cottage joined Independent Cottages in May 2017
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 12th August 2017