Kyppings - Golant, Nr Fowey, South Cornwall, England - Sleeps 6
Kyppings is an attractive four bedroom house, right by the inner harbour, overlooking the River Fowey in the quiet little village of Golant, near Fowey in South Cornwall.
Kyppings was built nearly fifty years ago for the owners’ parents, using Cornish Delabole slate and incorporating beams from a sixteenth century farmhouse from which the house takes its name. It is much loved by the owner's large family who let it in the spring and summer for others to enjoy the wonderful setting in this designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. There is a little village green beside the inner harbour, just across from the house. Canoes and kayaks can be hired in Golant.
The house has a first floor, triple aspect living room, taking the best advantage of the delightful river view. It is comfortably and characterfully furnished to make everyone feel relaxed and to enjoy a good holiday. If you have a boat there is room in the driveway for a car and trailer - just take your boat around the corner and launch it into the inner harbour!
Golant is a great place to stay, it is located on the famous Saints Way footpath that leads down to Fowey and its spectacular harbour and then beyond connecting with many other coastal paths. Just around the corner from the house is the friendly village pub - The Fisherman’s Arms - good beer, food and views from the large terraced garden. The picturesque harbour town of Fowey is about three miles and has an excellent selection of shops, pubs and restaurants. There are also good shops at Tywardreath, Par and the ancient town of Lostwithiel, two, three and about four miles respectively. The famous Eden Project is only fifteen to twenty minutes away, as is the National Trust’s Lanhydrock House and Gardens. The Lost Gardens of Heligan and other lovely properties are not much further away from Golant. Beaches within easy reach are Polkerris, Polridmouth and Par Sands. Bodmin Steam Railway is another local attraction.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Waterside Location
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Kyppings sleeps six guests in four bedrooms, with a first floor living room enjoying river views and a dining room with French doors to the garden. There is parking in the driveway for two or three cars.
- Attractive and good size hallway, leading to...
- Shower room with hand basin, shaver point, WC, heater and heated towel rail.
- Two single bedrooms.
- Beamed dining room with table comfortably seating six, telephone and French windows.
- Kitchen (next to dining room), with electric oven, hob, microwave, extractor hood, large fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher and there is a larder, along with a back door to the garden.
- Easy rising stairs to first floor landing, leading to...
- Triple aspect, beamed and spacious living room, with feature stone and slate fire-place with electric fire, flat screen television, DVD player and separate radio. This room has lovely views straight out to the river.
- Double bedroom with super king bed, fitted wardrobe and dressing table.
- Twin bedroom with hand basin and fitted wardrobe.
- Bathroom with hand basin, shaver point, heater and heated towel rail.
- Separate WC.
- The attractive garden surrounds the house and has a paved terrace with table and chairs.
Low Season from £350
Peak Season £895
Changeover Day: Saturday
Please enquire with owner
Sleeps 6 people in 4 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Twin, 2 Singles)
Owner: Ian & Jane Holmes, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Kyppings joined Independent Cottages in March 2011
SPECIAL OFFER Easter Week 2016 - £550