Gospenheale Barn - Pipers Pool, Launceston, Cornwall, England - Sleeps 6
Gospenheale sleeps up to six guests in three bedrooms and offers Four Star Gold self-catering set amidst glorious North Cornish Countryside close to the edge of Bodmin Moor. With wonderful views, this detached barn conversion is presented to a high standard throughout and offers a central base for exploring Cornwall's many attractions.
The barn sits next to the owner's farm and is five miles from the ancient Cornish market town of Launceston with a good range of independent shops, pubs, cafes and a Norman castle keeping a watchful eye over the town. Both Cornwall's dramatic north coast with its expansive golden surfing beaches, and its pretty south coast dotted with hidden coves and fishing villages are easily accessible. The South West Coastal Path offers miles of fabulous walks with incredible seascapes to admire enroute. Alternatively, enjoy the moorland walks and footpaths in the countryside surrounding Gospenheale.
The area offers an abundance of attractions to suit all ages. Trethorne Leisure Park is literally up the road and a great all weather attraction with animals to see and indoor and outdoor play areas. Hidden Valley Discovery Park is also close by and is an intriguing attraction full of magic. Take a nostalgic trip on Launceston Steam Railway, visit the Tamar Otter Park, or have some traditional fun at Dingles Fairground Heritage Centre - the choices are endless, as are the beaches with Tintagel, Crackington Haven and Bude within easy reach on the North Coast and Looe and Fowey Estuary slightly further away on the South Coast.
Whatever the time of year, a warm Cornish welcome awaits at Gospenheale - a perfect holiday choice for families and friends who want a convenient base to discover the many delights of Cornwall and the South West.
- Internet Access
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Gospenheale Barn Continued
Accommodation is 'upside down' and comprises:
Ground floor - tiled with underfloor heating
- Master king-size bedroom with an en-suite shower room including a WC and wash basin. This room is spacious and full of charm with exposed stone work and plenty of wardrobe space.
- Flexible twin bedroom with beds that can zipped together to form a super-king by arrangement.
- Single bedroom with additional pull-out trundle bed turning this room into a twin if needed.
- Family bathroom with shower over a big bath (including screen), WC and wash basin.
- Open-plan living arranged in three distinct areas. The well equipped kitchen sits at the end with plenty of cupboard space stocked with everything needed for self-catering, electric oven/hob, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, microwave, washer/dryer and island. The dining area has a table with six chairs and leads into the sitting area with comfy seating, television, DVD player and large French doors that let the outside flood in and provide access, via steps down into the garden. High vaulted ceiling with exposed trusses and an electric 'log effect' stove in the fireplace add to the charm and relaxing environment.
Outside: Guests have a large private garden where little ones can let off steam and adults can relax. A patio has outdoor furniture for alfresco dining and there is off-road parking.
Additional information: Sorry but dogs cannot be accepted. No smoking. Prices include heating, bed linen, electricity and towels (please bring beach towels). The area offers lots of good pubs for a meal out with the nearest being in the village of Tregadillett (The Eliot Arms) three miles away.
Low Season from £450
Mid Season from £795
High Season from £995
Peak Season £1150
Star Rating: 4 Star Gold
Changeover Day: Saturday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Twin/Super-king & 1 Single with extra trundle bed)
Owner: David & Bridget Pett, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Gospenheale Barn joined Independent Cottages in Jan 2017
30% Discount for bookings in June and Early July 2017. Code: Summer Madness Couples discount now £100 per booking £100 discount for 2 week bookings
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 19th August 2017
Approximate Location of Gospenheale Barn
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book