Furlongs - Kilhampton, Bude, North Cornwall, England - Sleeps 8
Furlongs sleeps up to eight guests in four bedrooms and offers spacious self-catering where guests can enjoy plenty of space both inside and out as well as excellent facilities including an indoor heated swimming pool (exclusive use), sauna, games room and open fire giving it strong all year round appeal.
Perfect for large groups of friends or families (one or two), Furlongs is located on North Cornwall's dramatic north coast just a mile from the nearest beach and three miles from the popular seaside resort of Bude - a haven for surfers with its glorious golden sands, golf course and great choice of pubs and restaurants.
The property sits on the outskirts of the Cornish village of Kilkhampton where you will find shops for provisions, takeaways, two pubs and an impressive church keeping a watchful eye over the village.
For those who enjoy walking you are spoilt for choice with great opportunities both inland through countryside and forest, and along the South West Coastal Path. For lazy days on the beach, head to Duckpool or Sandymouth (just a mile away) or the expansive sands of Bude with your surf board (surf board hire and tuition available locally). Tamar Lakes offers windsurfing as well as an Otter Sanctuary, or take a boat trip for sea fishing (you may be lucky enough to catch supper for everyone!).
Bring your bike and explore the pretty Cornish lanes bursting with colour in the milder months or spend your days exploring the areas many attractions including the world famous Eden Project, spectacular Michael's Mount, the historic dockyard at Plymouth, Padstow with its fantastic restaurants, or The Milky Way and The Big Sheep for a day the younger ones won't forget. The choices are endless!
- Internet Access
- Swimming Pool
- Open Fire
- Garden/Outside Area
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Well maintained and appointed throughout, accommodation is wheelchair accessible and comprises:
- Lounge with comfy seating set around the stone fireplace for log fires, and flat screen television.
- Large farm-house style kitchen with table that seats eight guests, plenty of cupboards for storage, microwave, fridge/freezer, oven/hob, high chair and Rayburn adding to the charm. The kitchen leads off to...
- Dining room with table that can seat eight - perfect for more formal dining.
- Utility room with dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Cloak room with WC.
- Pool room - One of the main features of Furlongs is the fabulous heated indoor swimming pool with a gallery up above it where you can sit and watch the fun in the water. There is also a sauna in the adjacent building as well as two showers and a WC.
- Double en-suite bedroom which is accessible.
- En-suite king-size bedroom.
- Two twin bedrooms (one has fabulous views) and both are very restful.
- Second lounge with comfy seating, television and wonderful views over the surrounding countryside. A lovely place to enjoy a quiet moment.
- Family bathroom with bath, walk-in shower, WC and wash basin.
Outside: Easily accessible at the same level as the property, lawns surround the house and there are picnic tables as well as a BBQ - a great place where you can sit and watch the children play badminton or croquet. There is also a games room which is perfect for inclement days with snooker, table footie and tennis.
Additional information: Credit cards can be taken with an additional 1% charged to cover fees. Unfortunately no pets. Prices include bed linen, tea towels, electricity and central heating but please bring your own towels (both for the pool and bathrooms). WiFi internet access. Three night breaks available during the winter months.
Low Season from £890
Mid Season from £1160
High Season from £1890
Peak Season £2390
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 8 people in 4 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Double & 2 Twins + Annex)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: David Braund, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Furlongs joined Independent Cottages in Jan 2017
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 4th July 2017