Berwyn - Crantock, Newquay, North Cornwall, England - Sleeps 10
Berwyn is a beautiful Grade II listed Victorian holiday home that sits in an enviable position in the pretty seaside village of Crantock, just five miles from Newquay on the north coast of Cornwall. Double fronted and with plenty of space, Berwyn is pet friendly (up to two dogs) and comfortably accommodates up to ten guests in five bedrooms, making it ideal for large groups of friends or families looking for a holiday by the sea.
From outside, this welcoming Cornish Cottage looks like the other terrace houses in the quiet street, but once you step through the red door, you will be taken back by how well equipped and spacious the accommodation is. Lovingly renovated, Berwyn boasts a number of Victorian features including tiled fireplaces and wood floors, perfectly blended with modern facilities such as flat screen televisions, Wi-Fi and also an Aga and roll top bath to add a touch of tradition and charm.
Berwyn could not be more perfectly placed as a seaside retreat and it provides an excellent base from which to explore North Cornwall and its many attractions and fantastic golden beaches. The chocolate box village of Crantock has an immense amount of appeal with its golden sandy dog-friendly beach ideal for surfing or swimming, and pretty whitewashed cottages sitting alongside the Atlantic Ocean. The village has two great pubs for eating out, a well-stocked village shop for stocking up on provisions and the beach - all within ten minutes stroll from the front door, so there's no need to use the car unless you want to. You can take a boat trip from Crantock to the vibrant town of Newquay during the summer months which offers an excellent selection of shops, restaurants and watersports opportunities.
The National Trust own much of Crantock, including the headland, a recognised Site of Special Scientific Interest due to the wild flaura and fauna. The area offers superb walking opportunities with the South West Coastal Footpath running though the village. For beach lovers, a short walk to the golden sands of Porth Joke Beach is well worth a visit. As it can only be reached by foot, there is always a quiet spot to enjoy the peace and tranquility and plenty of rock pools and caves to explore!
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Accessible via Public Transport
- Snug - The cosy front living room provides the perfect place to escape for a quiet moment in front of the fire with its comfy sofas, armchair and lovely period Victorian features including cast iron fireplace and wood floors.
- Lounge - This spacious family room overlooks the garden and has a fantastic Victorian tiled fireplace housing a wood burning stove. Lovely views can be enjoyed over the private garden which can be accesed via sliding doors taking you out onto the patio area. Comfortable seating and flat screen television (with Freeview) make this a wonderful place to relax at the end of an exciting day.
- Downstairs Cloakroom - Located off the extension with WC and wash basin.
- Dining Room - With elegant dining table and chairs seating ten, this room provides a perfect mix of both contemporary and classic country living.
- Kitchen - A beautiful modern room with slate floor complimented by cream cabinets with woodern tops. Equipped to a high standard, the kitchen offers everything you should need for rustling up supper or preparing a special meal. There are ample cupboards, plenty of storage space and a good range of appliances which include a fridge/freezer, double range cooker with induction hob and microwave. Double doors lead out to the garden.
- Aga Room - Formerly the original kitchen at Berwyn, this spacious area sits between the kitchen and dining room providing a real heart to the house with its warming Aga, slate floor, handy butcher's block and additional storage cabinet.
- Family Bathroom - With a feature roll top bath, this delightful room provides the perfect place for a long soak in the tub.
- Twin Bedroom - At the rear of the cottage is the homely twin bedroom with two full size single beds and a handy sink.
- Double Bedroom - With views over Cubert Common, this delightful room has a double bed, plenty of storage with a large built in wardrobe, and television with DVD player.
- Two King/Twin Bedrooms - Offering flexible sleeping, both bedrooms have zip and link beds and can either be made up as two singles or a large super king-size bed. Each room has a vanity unit and a wall mounted television with DVD player.
- Shower Room - A stylish room with white suite incoorporating large shower.
- Master En-suite Bedroom - This large bedroom cleverly utilises the attic space and enjoys a double aspect over Cubert Common to the rear and glimpses of the ocean from the front window. There is a king-size bed and plenty of storage with two chest of drawers, tall cabinet and a walk in wardrobe. This room also has its own television with built in DVD player and an en-suite with sophisticated shower.
Outside: Overlooking the garden, the sun terrace affords lovely views over Cubert Common and provides a great place to enjoy breakfast or a glass of wine at the end of the day. The pretty garden can be accessed via the kitchen, lounge and utility room and offers plenty of space for the children to let off steam with its lawn area, flower beds and table and chairs where you can enjoy alfresco dining and barbeques with family and friends. The garden is enclosed making it safe for the four legged friends.
Additional information: Up to two dogs welcome at an additional charge of £25 per dog (if you would like to bring another dog, please enquire). Dogs are allowed on Crantock beach all year round, making Berwyn excellent for a dog-friendly holiday. Wi-Fi internet access for guests convenience. Short breaks offered out of peak season. Online booking available - please click through to the owner's website. Logs provided for winter lets. Bed linen and towels provided. Electricity and High Chair and cot available. Please note that from the beginning of October, Berwyn will be changing to a Saturday changeover.
Low Season from £795
Mid Season from £1050
High Season from £1695
Peak Season £2595
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Saturday
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 10 people in 5 bedrooms (1 Twin, 1 Double, 2 Kings/Twins & 1 King)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Amanda Tassell (Bkgs Officer), click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Berwyn joined Independent Cottages in Jan 2014
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 20th August 2017