Agan Chy - Stibb, Nr Bude, North Cornwall, England - Sleeps 6
Recently completed and fully bespoke, Agan Chy is a unique, craftsman-built, green oak framed, eco house with exposed beams and beautiful natural materials throughout. The property sits in its own land with stunning countryside and coastal views.
On the ground floor, this detached property offers an open plan kitchen, dining and living space with a wood burner. This is a great space to cook, unwind and watch the sun setting over the extensive lawn and ranging views to the sea. Relax on the sofa or veranda and watch the day end, every evening.
The hamlet of Stibb is located in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and offers superb access to many of Cornwall and Devon’s attractions, including Clovelly, Padstow and Boscastle. In the immediate vicinity of the house are some superb countryside and coastal walks. And with just a short drive or an enjoyable walk are two of the prettiest and cleanest beaches in the region - Sandymouth and Duckpool.
Kilkhampton is the nearest village (two miles away) which has two friendly pubs that both serve great local food and fine ales. The village also has takeaways and varied shops. The popular coastal resort of Bude (four miles away), offers more great beaches, canal and coastal walks, shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants.
The local beach is just over a mile away at Sandymouth. It is a National Trust beach and is dog friendly with lifeguard cover throughout the summer months. The great little café offers respite from beach fun and games, swimming, surfing and even climbing. When the tide is right, you can walk along the beach into Bude and walk back over the cliffs, enjoying the breath-taking views.
Various adventure activities, such as surfing (both at Sandymouth and Widemouth Bay beaches), coasteering and other beach-based activities can be pre-booked by prior arrangement. The number of beaches within easy reach of the property are too numerous to list. There is also easy access to the remote beauty of both Bodmin Moor (thirty minutes) and Dartmoor National Park (fifty minutes). Bude has a number of fantastic restaurants and wine bars, as well as cafes and pubs, all serving well priced and tasty, local food. The town itself is a popular holiday destination in its own right with a unique canal, a lifeguarded sea pool and one of the last remaining sea lock gates, leading out to a beautiful harbour and breakwater, providing some great walks along this wild and beautiful coastline. Bude also has two popular highly-rated golf courses.
The fantastic and world-famous Eden project is thirty five miles away, as well as a range of historic properties and gardens, whilst picturesque fishing ports such as Port Isaac and Padstow are all within easy reach.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Accessible via Public Transport
Agan Chy Continued
Agan Chy is a natural, sustainable home with a unique cosy modern feel. Surrounded by ample glazing, it offers a beautifully lit and open environment and benefits from solar hot water and underfloor heating provided by an air source heat pump. There is a large gated car park and a very large lawn in front of the house.
- Spacious entrance hall with slate floor and room for walking boots, coats, surfboards or bikes, leading onto...
- Utility room with washing machine etc.
- Open plan sitting room with oak floor, comfortable seating, flat screen smart internet television, DVD player and wood burner. The sitting room is surrounded on two sides by extensive glazing, allowing fantastic views and providing a light and airy atmosphere.
- Open plan kitchen dining area with slate floor, comprising of a range cooker, dishwasher, fridge freezer and large dining table seating six plus guests.
- Ground floor bathroom with unique handmade wash stand and spacious modern shower cubicle.
- Two ground floor double bedrooms with oak floors, double beds and storage.
- Second floor bathroom which is large and light, comprising of a beautiful tiled floor, freestanding bath and another unique handmade wash stand.
- Second floor bedroom with natural wool carpet. The largest bedroom of all, there is a vaulted ceiling and panoramic views.
- Large west facing veranda where you can sit and sip Pimms.
Additional information: Bed linen and towels provided (not beach towels). Logs available on request. Internet connection. Smokers welcome but smoking inside property is not permitted. Pets allowed upon request by arrangement.
Mid Season from £1250
High Season from £1500
Peak Season £1500
Pets: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (3 Doubles)
Owner: Natalia Moores, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Agan Chy joined Independent Cottages in April 2013
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 4th June 2017